Investment Banking Analyst/Associate, Diversified Industries
ATB Financial is the 8th largest Canadian institution providing banking services with assets of $57 billion. A wholly owned subsidiary of ATB Financial, ATB Capital Markets has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Denver. Together, we represent a highly specialized team of experts who provide a full suite of financial service solutions including:
- Advise on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and private equity
- Equity capital markets, debt capital markets and financial markets
- Corporate banking, loan syndications and project finance
- Institutional sales and trading
- Institutional research to leverage industry and sector insight
Job Number: REQ4455
Location: Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta
Apply by: August 20, 2022
# Positions available: 2
Leader Name: Tim Hart
ATB Capital Markets is looking for an Investment Banking Associate and Analyst to join our Diversified Industries group. Diversified Industries investment banking covers both established companies as well as Growth & Innovation companies (including technology companies) in Alberta and across Canada.
These positions will be based in based in Calgary or Edmonton (relocation reimbursement/assistance will not be provided).
Primary duties consist of, but are not limited to:
- Supporting senior bankers on financing and M&A transactions
- Maintaining and developing databases and spreadsheets
- Monitoring capital markets and sector activity
- Researching firms and industry transaction trends
- Constructing financial models and performing financial analysis
- Developing presentation materials and transaction documents
- Assisting in the supervision and development of Investment Banking Analysts (Associate role)
- A university degree with a focus on Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or Engineering
- MBA, CFA, CA, CPA, CBV will be considered an asset (especially for the Associate role)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of S&P Capital IQ, Factset, Mergermarket and Bloomberg a plus
- Strong work ethic with an appreciation for schedule uncertainty
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Team oriented with the ability to work in an open and unstructured environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear interest in capital markets with experience being considered a strong plus
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
Stay in touch!