Investment Solutions Manager
FaithInvest (www.faithinvest.org) is an international, multi-faith, not-for-profit network and membership organisation for religious organisations and faith-based institutional investors. Our mission is to measurably grow the scale and impact of faith-consistent investing. Our vision is to achieve this by supporting faith-based asset owners - investment groups, philanthropies and faith-based NGOs - to become the major worldwide forces proactively engaged in faith-consistent investing with positive environmental and sustainable development outcomes.
Currently FaithInvest is developing access to many faith-based asset owning groups with a potential of influencing many billions of faith investments within faiths worldwide – including Buddhist, Christian, Daoist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh and Shinto. Over the next one to two years we aim to develop over 100 members who are committed to shifting their portfolios to be more faith-consistent. We do not offer investment advice or run investment funds ourselves; our role is to partner with, support, and amplify existing efforts, and to create new investment opportunities, by curating connections which facilitate portfolio shifts.
The ideal candidate for this job is someone with the experience and presence to support faith-based investment conversations with senior institutional investors, and to actively explore the development of faith-consistent investment solutions with members in a collaborative and iterative manner.
Investment Solutions Managers are responsible for finding potential members – faith-based asset owning institutions - bringing them on-board, deeply understanding their investment policies, practises, portfolios and organisational needs, and integrating them into the FaithInvest network. This person will regularly be interacting with investment professionals and CIO level personnel.
Investment Solutions Managers report to the Investment Solutions Director. The postholder will have responsibility for:
Investment interactions within the FaithInvest network:
- Developing relationships, maintaining key information, and knowledge about faith-asset owners - including current investment policy and structure, organisation and governance structure, and key challenges and priorities
- Creating a strong relational link with members and FaithInvest, regularly interacting to keep up-to-date with each member’s operations and encouraging formation of and participation in relevant working groups, one-on-one projects, and other FaithInvest initiatives
- Identifying members’ common areas of focus for Research and Development
- Understanding each member’s specific capabilities and leveraging those for the benefit of others in the network
Expand the group of engaged faith-based asset owners:
- Reaching out, engaging with, and presenting the benefits of FaithInvest to potential members
- Leveraging FaithInvest connections to initiate conversations with potential members
- Leveraging partner organisations to increase the visibility of FaithInvest
- Adding new members from new sources, engaging in research, and outreach into the Asset Management industry (managers, consultants, intermediaries), in conjunction with the Director
Create and deliver investment solution services and content:
- Sourcing, defining, and conducting / coordinating one-on-one investment projects with member faith-asset owners.
- Advocating for members’ needs so that they are understood and prioritized by financial service providers and industry organizations
- Actively use knowledge gained from member interactions to create content and ideas for white papers, conference presentations, and financial press articles.
The successful postholder will have demonstrable capabilities in:
- Engaging asset owners and developing an understanding of their portfolios and needs
- Quickly assimilating the leading-edge concepts of today’s faith- and ethics-based investing
- Engaging with asset managers and commercial investment professionals
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the core role that faith, beliefs, and values hold in faith-based asset owners’ approach to their investments
- Collaborating effectively with people and teams of many faiths and cultures
The successful postholder will have:
- Investments knowledge
- Broad knowledge across multiple asset classes focused on integration of ESG, faith values, and impact investments. Understanding of asset owner needs and processes is preferred.
- Client Service and Sales experience (preferably in the investment industry)
- Experience with sophisticated clients with broad challenges and exposure to more technical client service is preferred.
- Knowledge of / experience with faith-based asset owners
- Personal interest in faith- and values-based investing
We welcome candidates who demonstrate an investment background either through education, certification, or experience, including attainment of a CFA or other investment certification (e.g., CAIA).