Benchmark and Fund Portfolios Associate
MSCI is an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. We have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with our clients.
Your team responsibilities
The Benchmark & Third-party Portfolio team is part of the Data Services and Technology (DST) department. The team solves complex problems related to all aspects of data operations, extends critical product features by inventing and building analytics capabilities, and provides exceptional service to clients. The team provides services to all major product lines of MSCI, namely Index, Analytics, and ESG and is spread across the globe – US, Mexico, Hungary, and Philippines.
Your key responsibilities
Key member of a highly skilled and motivated team of analysts that solve complex problems regarding all aspects of data production and operations including data sourcing, processing, loading, analysis, and portfolio construction and reconciliation
- Leading large-scale critical data projects independently to extend capabilities and coverage, support internal and external clients with content expertise
- Creating business specifications and cooperating with various cross functional teams (IT, Research, Product) on their execution and implementation
- Maintaining, re-engineering, and developing efficient and elegant processes to support the daily production of portfolio data and build/manage metrics for that
- Executing in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, and timeliness
- Assisting with data visualization efforts, automatic report generation and metrics reporting
- Collaborating across a global organization to service different business lines and our applications as well as internal and external clients.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Data Science, Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or other similar concentration. CFA/FRM is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Interest in data management, financial markets, products, and risk management
- Technical skills and programming languages a plus i.e., SQL, Python, R, Perl, UNIX basic file administration
- Software – Data visualization tools (Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau), Git (Version Control)
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), ability to tell stories with data
- Solid administrative and project management skills
- Experience in Agile framework is desired