Index New Product Development Research Sr Associate
MSCI is an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. We have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with our clients.
Your team responsibilities
The MSCI Index Research New Product Development (NPD) Team is a global client-centric research group with a broad mandate to carry out analytical research to enhance existing MSCI indexes and develop new index methodologies. This responsibility spans across all MSCI Factor, Thematic, Cap-weighted and ESG & Climate Indexes in different asset classes. The team currently has presence in London, Mumbai, Manila, Monterrey and Toronto
The Index Research NPD group uses a range of analytical tools and methods to investigate new index ideas across asset classes, carry out research and simulations to turn these ideas into new methodologies, conduct client consultations, and launch new indexes through MSCI’s world class index production platform.
The group works closely with other groups within research (Analytics, ESG) and across the firm (data, technology, product, coverage) to implement the NPD index research agenda and benefit from the substantial resources and expertise available within the global MSCI organization.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a member of the team based in Monterrey and be expected to drive new index research projects from initial concept through research, development, consultation and successful production implementation. The candidate:
- will carry out extensive back testing, research and analysis of investment strategies using historical market data, factor models, ESG & Climate characteristics and portfolio construction tools to build new indexes and generate investment insights.
- will work on research projects that include Factor investing, thematic investing, integration of ESG/Climate considerations in the investment process and conduct in-depth research and analysis to generate investment ideas for investment strategies.
- will work with other members of the global research teams to write research papers and blogs on investment strategies and the candidate will also work closely with clients to refine new index ideas, so they meet the clients’ investment challenges.
Specific Knowledge /Skills:
- Understanding of investment process in different asset classes (e.g. equity, fixed income, currency etc.), investment styles such as factor investing, ESG-based investments and thematic investing etc. Familiarity with quantitative investment approaches such as portfolio optimization, long/short, leveraged positions etc. is a plus.
- Highly developed hands-on analytical and quantitative skills (e.g., time series and cross-sectional analysis) and extensive recent practical experience with statistical and database packages (preferably Python, MATLAB, SQL). Hands-on experience with NLP models and other machine learning models will be an advantage
- Familiarity with institutional investment practices, buyside portfolio management concepts or sell side quantitative structured products
- Experience of writing technical and research reports
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- At least 5 years ideally 8 years of relevant work experience e.g., quantitative research, investment management, portfolio analytics etc.)
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in finance, econometrics, science/engineering or another highly quantitative subject
- CFA, CAIA or FRM is an advantage
More searches like this
- Management Consulting Consulting Firm CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Consulting Firm CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Consulting Firm CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Consulting Firm CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors