Investment Operations Analyst
Investment Operations Analyst
Lake Street Advisors
Portsmouth, NH or Boston, MA
We’re looking for a bright and motivated Investment Operations Analyst to join our growing multi-family wealth management firm. The Investment Operations Analyst will primarily support our firm’s centralized investment operations’ needs. Some of the responsibilities include client trade execution or review of prior day trades, managing client investment data, producing client investment reports and report exhibits, and preparing and executing alternative investment transactions. In addition to the above, the Investment Operations Analyst will also focus on identifying current team and firm processes, proposing effective scalable solutions, and implementing these solutions.
The essential duties of the Investment Operations Analyst include, and are not limited to:
- Demonstrate Lake Street’s core values and focus on healthy organization best practices
- Manage the implementation of client investment decisions
- Prepare and execute client subscription and redemption documents
- Execute and reconcile trades as recommended. Monitor results and serve as a resource for questions regarding trade execution strategy
- Communicate with client’s custodians to resolve issues related to trading execution
- Produce client investment reports and client financial management reports, including consolidated quarterly reporting for all assets
- Produce periodic Compliance Reporting for Chief Compliance Officer
- Analyze current team and firm processes. Apply effective scalable solutions.
- Serve as a primary knowledge center for investment performance calculations, transactions, and other reporting needs.
- Support investment research through performance data aggregation.
- Data retrieval, typically regarding client account information and A-List Investments materials for the Investment Team
- Adhere to compliance rules and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain physical and digital client files according to standard operating procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-5 years of experience in a relevant field, such as finance, trading, operations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a quantitative focus such as mathematics, economics, statistics, and finance
- Series 65 is a requirement of the job and is financially supported, as needed, by the firm.
- Strong communication skills in working with client teams, colleagues and external partners
- Leadership skills – good at motivating people, building consensus, and winning the confidence
- Project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining effective time management and organizational skills to prioritize accordingly
- Proficiency in MS Office with a demonstrated aptitude for mathematics and Excel spreadsheets is necessary; experience with Salesforce and Addepar a plus
- Experience with portfolio management & investment research systems
Lake Street Advisors is a profoundly independent, singularly focused wealth management firm with locations in Portsmouth, NH, and Boston, MA, serving high-wealth family clients in New England and across the country. As a proven and trusted advisor, we provide transparency and a full support team to manage a client’s diverse investment and financial planning needs. Because we are not tied to any products or managers, clients rely on us for expert, independent service tailored to their situation.
We offer a professional, entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment with competitive employee salaries. Our comprehensive benefit package currently includes 401(k) with employer matching, health and dental insurance with employer contributions, health savings and flexible spending accounts, employer-paid life insurance and short/long term disability, a professional development program, and employer-paid time off.
Lake Street Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.