Implementation Portfolio Analyst
We are looking for a Portfolio Analyst (PA) to join our equity portfolio implementation team. This team works closely with portfolio managers (PMs) and traders to implement model portfolios in client accounts. The PA will be expected to gain a thorough understanding of the team's investment strategies. High quality processes and risk controls are essential in this role. Responsibilities include building trades in client accounts, managing cash flows, and helping launch new accounts. The PA must have the ability to work with data to validate trades and account positions, identify and explain inconsistencies between multiple data sources, and present actionable reporting. In addition to PMs and traders, the PA will work with operations, risk management, compliance, and product teams.
The PA must be highly detail and process oriented with an ability to prioritize and work under time constraints. A strong candidate for this position will have 5+ years of experience in global equity markets, such as investment operations, portfolio management or trading. Desired qualifications include advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, FactSet, SQL, and systems such as APX, Charles River and FlexTrade. Our team culture emphasizes accountability, a willingness to admit mistakes and escalate issues, a desire to ask and understand "why," a constant improvement mindset, and collegiality.
- Candidates for this position must be willing to work West Coast hours as needed.
- Oriented toward quality processes and risk control. Process engineering.
- Process improvement/enhancement.
- Continuous improvement mindset with systems and processes.
- Understand what PMs want to accomplish and translate that into client portfolios.
- Work with PMs and traders to rebalance accounts to a model portfolio.
- Build trades in a proprietary portfolio management system.
- Cash management.
- Calculate and build futures/ETF trades.
- Build account slices.
- Monitor and maintain correct exposures.
- Trade implementation.
- Detailed review of trades for risk management and consistency with PM expectations.
- Trading checklists.
- Communication with PMs and trading desk.
- Liaise between investment team, operations, compliance, trading.
- Coordinate and implement new account launches.
- Data review, analysis, and reporting, such as: Account positions, Custodial statements, Monthly account metrics, Trading commissions, Transaction costs, and soft dollar services.
- 5+ years of experience in global equity markets.
- Technology, such as: SQL (familiarity required, proficiency desired) Bloomberg and/or FactSetExcelTrading and Accounting platforms (CRD, APX, FlexTrade, and/or APL).
- Desire to ask and understand "Why?".
- Sense of ownership.
- Willingness to admit mistakes.
- Motivated to meet deadlines/work under time constraints.
- Troubleshooter specific experience in at least one area: Investment operations, Wrap/UMA trading or trade processing, or Trading Global equity markets and securities.
- Soft skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, switch tasks as demands require.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours.