Analyst / Senior Analyst - Infrastructure and Project Finance
Department: Infrastructure & Project Finance
India Ratings & Research (India Ratings) is India's most respected rating agency committed to providing the India's credit markets with accurate, timely and prospective credit opinions. Built on a foundation of independent thinking, rigorous analytics, and an open & balanced approach towards credit research, India Ratings has grown rapidly during the past decade gaining significant market presence in India's fixed income market.
Each analyst in infrastructure & project finance group is focused on a defined set of infrastructure companies /SPVs (issuers) so that they can explore every angle of an entity, offer actionable credit opinions and insightful commentary. Our deep expertise and sector knowledge aid in adopting consistent and reliable risk assessment. We offer a comprehensive assessment of an entity's strategic initiatives, competitive position, financial performance and the overall dynamics of the industry in which it operates. In collaboration with debt investors and industry, we aim to be ahead of the curve in our analysis and add value to all stakeholders including the issuers.
Associate Director / Director
- Interconnect different standalone databases and create user interfaces that are intuitive and on-demand up-to-date. Make relevant dashboards for making inferences required for credit analysis
- Analyse heavy, voluminous data to forecast future trends of an industry or for credit evaluation, improve the insightfulness of research reports/ outlook reports or help prepare for an investor meeting
- Undertake detailed analytical research and credit analysis on infrastructure companies
- Publish timely, topical and high-quality research on general market and sector specific trends, contributing to the increasing profile of the agency within the debt capital markets
- Conducting analytical reviews with management teams of rated issuers and making written and oral presentations to rating committees, including rating recommendations. Taking responsibility for allocated portfolio, ensuring timely reviews/rating actions as required.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Strong expertise in excel, inclination towards creative representation of data
- Familiarity with programming (basic to intermediate level), excel-based macros, data cleaning and visualisation tools (tableau/Power BI)
- Robust analytical skills and ability to form a credit opinion.
- Displays good work ethic all through. Hard working, self -motivated, uses time and resources efficiently and pays attention to processes and detail.
- Good writing skills with focus on relevance, impact and brevity
- Preferably some background in analysis of infrastructure/corporates as part of the analytical role. Must possess strong financial analysis skills, including developing forecasts, peer/ industry analysis
- Must be a strong team player and possess excellent inter-personal skills, with an ability to integrate quickly into an established team and to deal with colleagues and external parties across the region.
- Demonstrates excellent service orientation and professional etiquette in all communications
Knowledge Application and Problem Solving: Proactively identifies and escalates situations wherein issuer needs to be managed to elicit full cooperation.
Management: Active interaction and quarterly contact to review outstanding ratings. Understands the need to keep issuers under surveillance.
Communication: Fluent English language skills (written and oral) are essential, particularly in the context of report writing and oral presentations.
Quality Service: Optimal utilisation of time on building dynamic databases, peer sets, dashboards along with managing new mandates and surveillance cases. Actively tracks, has full knowledge at all times and consistently ensures timely communication to Banks regarding updated ratings, reviews and escalates cases of non-cooperation by issuers, if any.
Leadership and Initiative: Self-starter. The candidate will be expected to show initiative as well as managing and prioritising his/her time and work appropriately. This would include the ability to handle multiple cases on an on-going basis, with productivity targets.