Managing Director, Senior Investment Analyst
Manulife Investment Management is a global asset manager serving our clients in a broad range of actively managed portfolios. We manage assets for institutional, retail and high-net-worth clients across many asset classes including equities, fixed income and multi-asset strategies.
Overview of Role
Work closely with analysts and portfolio managers to provide relevant information and recommendations regarding equity investment attractiveness in sectors including Industrials, Consumer and Technology. The analyst will conduct fundamental analysis of individual companies and sub-sectors, focusing on factors such as: quality of management, competitive positioning, financial strength, future business projections and economic conditions.
The analyst will pursue research through multiple information sources including analysis of public documents, financial reports, trade journals, networking with industry competitors, external databases, interviews with senior management and working with sell-side analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct deep fundamental analysis
- Create and maintain detailed historical and projected financial models analyzing key financial metrics for companies within the coverage universe
- Build comprehensive valuation framework
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to form a cohesive investment viewpoint on companies in a timely manner
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with management teams, sell-side analysts, other Manulife analysts and portfolio managers in both fixed income and equities
- Keep abreast of industry news and developments
- Draft reports and notes on relevant investment decisions and pertinent market news
- Highly motivated, confident self-starter with ability to work independently and with others
- Strong interest in equity investing
- Exemplary analytical skills and attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to conduct in-depth thematic research across a broad spectrum of topics which can be additive to investment process
- Inquisitive nature that drives desire to seek information that will help contribute to investment insights and idea generation
- Frequent travel necessary to meet on-site with companies and attend industry conferences
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Proficient knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet and Excel preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or CFA designation a plus
- Prefer candidate with 7+ years of experience in asset management, with 5+ years of dedicated investment analysis. Experience covering the Industrial sector plus.