Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury
A little about Capital Power
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to powering a sustainable future for people and planet. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth oriented North American power producer that creates innovative electricity solutions to electrify the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations. We’re passionate about our employees and place their entire wellbeing at the center of our people strategy. We are proud to foster a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion; recognizing this is paramount to help grow our company and reach our net carbon neutral by 2050 goal. We’re proud to foster an inclusive environment where employees are empowered to be their best, make meaningful contributions and go home safe every day.
One Permanent Full Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to lead our Corporate Finance team.
Reporting to the VP, Finance and Treasury, the Director, Treasury & Corporate Finance is accountable for the performance of Corporate Finance activities within Capital Power. This includes ensuring that costs and effective management of cash and/or borrowing balances, timely and accurate cash flow forecasting, interest rate management and liquidity requirements are satisfied. Additionally, this position ensures timely and accurate compliance reporting and effectively partners with cross functional teams to achieve required outcomes.
You will contribute to our team by
- Being responsible for the leadership and development of a team of Corporate Finance professionals.
- Managing and enhancing appropriate relationships with banks to ensure: credit agreements facilitate Capital Power’s business needs, and Capital Power’s access to capital markets is maintained on a cost competitive basis.
- Managing credit rating agency relationships including understanding and applying credit rating analytics, maintaining regular contact with agencies and managing the preparation of materials to be shared with rating agencies.
- Leading and executing on external financing including but not limited to Equity and Debt raises including Sustainable financing options.
- Ensuring compliance with all financial covenants.
- Performing financial due diligence on development and acquisition opportunities.
- Providing recommendation for development of Corporate Financing plans.
- Managing compliance with Internal Process and Policies.
What you will bring to the role
- Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Finance supplemented with a Professional Designation in related field.
- CFA or equivalent Finance designation is preferred.
- 7 years of post-graduation Finance experience with at least 5+ years finance experience in a relevant position.
- Effective business partner providing Corporate Finance advice necessary to make reliable and timely business decisions.
- Engage other areas of expertise to work as an effective team.
- Ability to explain concepts to a variety of audiences including the Board or external parties.
- Exercises influential strategies as a leader to influence decision making.
- Coaching and providing timely feedback to team members and direct reports and appropriately delegating responsibility.
- Fully engaged in Corporate Finance technical work and making recommendations for change as necessary.
- Proactive business partner and leader in Finance and cross-functional areas.
- Hybrid Office/Work from home position, with possible very minimal travel to meet business users at Capital Power facilities or other offices.
Clearance of Credit check is required for this position.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate for this position will undergo an education verification, reference checks and criminal record check.
We offer a highly flexible benefits and wellbeing program, comprehensive onboarding and training, and various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth.
How To Apply and Next Steps
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Applicants with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to complete their application can request accessible formats, communication support, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in powering a sustainable future with Capital Power! We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
To apply on this position please go to www.capitalpower.com/careers and search for JR805187.