Operations Specialist in Portfolio Trading
Operations Specialist in Portfolio Trading at Financial Life Advisors
San Antonio, TX
Financial Life Advisors (FLA) provides our clients with exceptional experiences where they receive customized ongoing guidance and the resources needed to financially succeed in life. We are a well-established and fast-growing, fee-only financial planning firm located in central San Antonio.
We are looking for an analytical and data-driven (full-time) Operations Specialist in Portfolio Trading to join our growing team. You can learn more about how we created trusted relationships with our clients, our talented team, and how we live by “Cowboy Ethics”. If you have a passion for critical thinking, service, and life-long learning, please keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
The mission of the Operations Specialist in Portfolio Trading is to manage portfolio trading in a risk-controlled manner for the best interest of the client and to be a key contributor to the investment process. This person prides themselves on the value they provide in daily leading portfolio trading and supporting the operations team with their commitment to excellence.
The Operations Specialist is a full-time position. This person is eligible for excellent benefits including the Company 401(k) Plan with matching contributions starting on Day 1 and flexible PTO plan. This position requires candidates to reside within driving distance to San Antonio, TX for in-office work, remote flexibility is available. Office hours are typically 8:30 – 5:30 CT, Monday-Friday.
The key responsibility of the Operations Specialist is to provide meticulous execution, documentation, and communication of securities trading and associated activities. This person will support the objectives of our clients and the initiatives of our firm in delivering exceptional experiences with the highest level of enthusiasm, accuracy, confidentiality, and efficiency.
The Operations Specialist in Portfolio Trading will be energized, engaged, and a trusted partner to the team by:
- Executing and documenting securities trading activities in a timely and efficient manner based on models assigned for each client
- Assigning client household portfolios to appropriate benchmarks and allocation models Monitoring client accounts and rebalancing to prescribed tolerances Implementing Asset Location and Tax Loss Harvesting trading strategies Collaborating with Financial Planners to create and implement Investment Policy Statements Entering and managing data in risk management software for monitoring optimal allocations
- Researching, preparing reports, and executing on decisions of the Investment Committee Entering and organizing tasks and coordinating with Team Members to prioritize and complete workflows in the company CRM (Advisor Engine) Organizing and maintaining filing systems Ensuring a safe and clean environment for clients and team members
- Complying with guidelines of the SEC and firm Performing other duties and special projects independently or in conjunction with FLA Team members
- Strong curiosity and data analytic skills Demonstrates an affinity for gathering and organizing data and ensuring accuracy of reporting
- Able to coordinate multiple projects at one time and prioritize tasks for each to ensure done with precision in a timely manner Demonstrates a powerful sense of urgency about getting work done and problem solving with a proactive, goal-oriented, collaborative approach Creates trusted relationships through quality and effective communication in written, oral, and presentation form Provides a superior level of discretion, demonstrates high ethical standards, and applies integrity through maintaining objectivity Technologically savvy and familiarity with industry platforms.
Basic understanding of fundamentals and concepts of portfolio and risk management 2+ years of investment or trading related experience
CFP® Professional and/or CFA Charterholder/Candidate a plus
Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
To apply for this exciting role or learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org