Investment Operations Principal - Private ABS and bank loans
At Allianz Life, we are driven by our mission – we secure your future – and by our common goal of caring for tomorrow. We care for our employees by promoting an inclusive culture where everyone has the opportunity to grow and be rewarded for their success. We care for our customers by creating new products that help them protect their families and pursue their retirement goals. We care for our community by giving ti me, resources, and donations. And we care for the future by supporting sustainability, protecting the local environment, and promoting societal equity.
What you do:
The role of Principal Investment Operations Middle Office Private ABS will be to bring subject matter expertise to Allianz Investment Management (AIM) to support the expansion of AIM’s client investment value chain on primary/secondary and public/private ABS, bank loans, leveraged loans, revolving credit, and/or working capital investments.
In collaboration with AIM’s front office and 3rd party asset managers, the Operations Principal Private ABS will drive the implementation of 3rd party soft ware as well as manage the development of the sett le, SMF and on going maintenance processes of these more complicated asset classes.
Further this person will mentor less experienced staff on industry best practices, drive key projects to implement straight through processing, and further optimize repetitive investment value chain processes to deliver superior value to AIM’s clients.
- Leverage existing environment to optimize private security settlement, trade, and SMF processes to ensure 3rdparty asset manager IBOR is represented in client operating entity ABOR.
- Process asset transfers, Monitor cash forecasts, and Reconcile cash for daily principal and interest activity
- Wire initiation and processing, Trade capture of outside-managed portfolios
- Daily trade confirmation, cancellation, and correction,
- Daily par reconciliation of all bank held positions
- Ability to mentor and hone the analytical skills of less senior team members in the investment operations value chain
What you bring:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Math or equivalent experience
- Experience 5+ years in ABS investment management operations
- Ability to implement investment operations value chain processes
- Experience using the Bloomberg AIM trade order management system and/or FactSet
- Knowledge of investment and/or insurance accounting theory and practices (STAT, GAAP, or IFRS)
- Intermediate knowledge of global securities settlements
Intermediate knowledge of global security payment processing
Intermediate knowledge of reconciliation processes
Intermediate knowledge of cash management of investment portfolios
- Reinsurance or insurance industry knowledge
- Technical/programming skills in SQL, VBA, or similar
- Knowledge of PAM or PLM
- Experience using Loan IQ or Clear Par
- Knowledge of custodial or FHLB banking processes
- Possession of/or Progress toward CFA designation or CPA
- Advanced analytical, finance/accounting, or business management degree
What we offer:
At Allianz Life, we’re proud to provide a benefits package that supports the True Balance of our employees and their families. We offer a choice of comprehensive medical and dental plan options, a generous time off plan and an outstanding 401(k) company match. Plus, our employees enjoy an award-winning campus with an array of discounted amenities, including an onsite health center, child development center, fitness facility, convenience store and two cafeterias. Our employees and leaders take an active role in shaping our culture through our Employee Resource Groups, whose activities and advocacy contribute to an environment that welcomes, includes and celebrates diversity. Our generous benefits, campus amenities and inclusive, engaged culture are among the many reasons we’re routinely recognized as a top workplace employer.
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in. We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.