We seek to hire an experienced global generalist who can conduct bottoms-up proprietary research and develop unique qualitative insights to underwrite long term equity investments (3-5 years). We have a collaborative culture that also encourages healthy debate. This partner-track role’s research efforts will be supported by an existing junior analyst and an ample research budget. Competitive compensation and benefits are offered.
Founded in 2014, Dorsey Asset Management is a boutique registered investment advisor managing a single, concentrated, long-only, global equity strategy. Our investment universe is limited to businesses with sustainable competitive advantages, or “economic moats”. We believe that the value of competitive advantage is maximized when a business can reinvest capital at a high incremental rate of return for an extended period of time. As such, we seek to own minority stakes in businesses that have substantial opportunities for reinvestment in addition to sustainable competitive advantages. The firm manages over $1.1b for institutions, is 100% employee owned and based in Chicago.
- Investigative journalist approach to company and sector due diligence by self-sourcing contacts, attending industry events and performing other relevant fieldwork. 20-30% travel expectation.
- Careful written documentation of primary research and the composition of long form investment memos.
- Recommend investments (>$3b market cap) for a 10-15 stock portfolio.
- Commitment to following and helping to iterate a repeatable investment process.
- Supervise and mentor both a junior analyst and an undergraduate intern.
- Build and maintain full financial models.
- Build and maintain relations with company management and investor relations.
- Initial research efforts will include companies that are already in our research pipeline and maintenance research on existing holdings.
- Work in our downtown Chicago office. There is no remote or hybrid opportunity for this position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send the following to email@example.com, with the subject line “Research Analyst Position – Firstname Lastname”. Applications must include 3 separate PDF files as attachments: 1 page resume; 1 page cover letter describing your fit for this role; and an investment memo (maximum of 2 pages text plus a maximum 2 pages charts/data).