Corporate Fixed Income Analyst
- Job Description Summary
Perform credit analysis and valuation of Fixed Income securities for potential inclusion or exclusion in Sterling Capital Management client portfolios and mutual funds, provide specialized product knowledge to the fixed income team, including recommendation of sector weights and specific securities; Share credit opinions to assist Client Service/Marketing group with asset growth and retention efforts.
- Job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Continuously monitor developments, update valuations/assessments of fixed income credits, both existing holdings and potential new purchases, and recommend specific securities for purchase or sale in client portfolios.
- Construct financial models on subject securities, prepare written reports on credits/securities under coverage.
- Analyze fixed income sectors for credit improvement or deterioration and determine if that outlook is priced into the sector valuation
- Recommend security trades for client portfolios
- Conduct analysis of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) characteristics and maintain current ESG scores and write-ups for covered credits
- Participate in team oriented strategy discussions and implement those decisions for each segment of our Fixed Income business.
- Effectively communicate with institutional consultants and clients regarding investment management process and respond to specific client questions.
- Assist with marketing and client service presentations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and related training
- 3 or more years of fixed income analysis experience
- Thorough knowledge of fixed income securities and their attributes
- High level of technological competence and ability to learn new technology solutions quickly
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Advanced analytical abilities and understanding of financial statements
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- CFA designation