Non-U.S. Equity Manager Research Specialist
As a non-U.S. equity manager research specialist on the Global Manager Research (GMR) team at Callan, a leading independent investment consulting firm, you will join a collaborative group of research professionals focused on conducting investment manager due diligence and searches. In addition, you will provide market and asset class updates to consultants and clients, prepare and present at Callan-hosted client conferences, and provide analytical insights through explorative and diligent asset class research. Callan believes that our organization and culture are made stronger through diverse perspectives and experiences.
While the GMR team manager is based in San Francisco, there is some flexibility in working from one of Callan’s other offices.
Please note: Our day-to-day environment is changing rapidly due to COVID-19, and Callan is committed to prioritizing your safety. Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to these changes, which means initially working a hybrid work schedule, and potentially returning to the office full time.*
As a research specialist, you will:
- Conduct investment manager searches across the non-U.S. equity investment style and market cap spectrum leveraging Callan’s proprietary screening tool and database of over 10,000 investment strategies
- Support consultants and clients by responding to requests for analysis on current investments
- Evaluate and monitor investment managers across a wide range of criteria and articulate your opinions verbally and in writing
- Collaborate with Callan consultants and other research professionals across all Callan offices on client educational topics, portfolio structure, and general public equity asset class questions
- Contribute to Callan’s research output through blog posts, creative thought pieces, client workshops, and market-related webcasts
- Join a close-knit community of diverse, supportive, encouraging, and inspiring colleagues who maintain an appreciation for grounded and authentic individuals
- Have the opportunity to pursue research interests beyond non-U.S. equity including ESG and digital assets
Education & Characteristics
We are looking for a teammate who:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Has preferably five years of relevant industry experience
- Expresses an interest in becoming a CFA or CAIA Charterholder (if not yet earned)
- Values diversity, equity, and belonging as key tenets of an impactful culture and successful business
- Has a keen and demonstrated interest in investing and following the markets
- Asks questions unabashedly and listens intently
- Admits to not having all of the answers but is determined to do what it takes to find them
- Feels comfortable working within a team to find the right solutions for clients
- Believes that acting ethically is paramount in everything you do
- Is willing to hone writing and presentation skills, even if you believe they are strong
- Understands that attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and meeting deadlines contribute to the foundation of any good work product
- Acts with humility and expects to be held accountable for your work and actions alongside your team members
Compensation, Benefits & Training
You can expect:
- A generous compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, health/medical/dental/vision benefits, monthly communications stipend, tuition assistance, and more
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Hands-on training for all Callan databases, systems, research, and asset class coverage
- Access to team-building events, community outreach opportunities, and wellness events
As an employee-owned firm, Callan is committed to giving long-term successful professionals an opportunity to become equity partners.
Visit www.callan.com/careers to learn more about Callan’s culture, benefits, and more.
Please email a resume and cover letter referencing “Non-U.S. Equity Manager Research Specialist” to email@example.com.
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $3 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has roughly 200 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage all, especially women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community, to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
*Subject to applicable law, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter Callan offices, travel on company business, and attend company sponsored events. A proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.