Sr. Lead Equity Research Analyst
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
As a Sr. Lead Research Analyst, the job responsibilities include having a broad understanding of the Capital Markets and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple sectors and asset classes within the capital markets. The Sr. Lead Research Analyst will demonstrate proficiency in meeting with clients, promoting our wealth management business , and publishing articles consistent with our department's investment objectives. The Sr. Lead Research Analyst will have developed a network of professional contacts, Wall Street and with the Senior Leadership Teams. It will be the responsibility of the Sr. Lead Research Analyst to be the team leader for a particular asset class.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Capable of applying knowledge of mathematics and statistics in the performance of their research duties with a working understanding of regression analysis and basic statistical methods.
• The analyst is required to participate in conference calls consisting of Sell-side analysts, subscribed rating agencies services, and presentations provided by the issuers and management team being considered for purchase or already held on the investment platform.
• Prepare and apply financial forecasts, comparable company analyses and valuation models to identify opportunities.
• Prepare and participate in presentations to investment strategy teams and clients as required.
• Provide a clear and open written and oral communication flow related to issuer opportunities and concerns along with final transaction decisions to and between team members another appropriate parties.
• Complete Special Projects and other duties as assigned by Management.
• Provide coaching on required job competencies, expected leadership qualities, while identifying prospects and providing strategic guidance in the facilitation of our business.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite that involves optimization modeling of both financial statements and portfolio analysis.
• Actively manage and identify areas of opportunity to cultivate business through efficient and polished client delivery and ongoing employee development.
• Deliver actionable insights that strengthen branding and identify growth opportunities.
• Ensure strategies reflect in-market learning and that Marketing messages are optimized to deliver maximum ROI.
• Demonstrate prudent research assessment as evidenced by the ability to identify value among entities with varying risk metrics.
• Build and maintain high profile relationships with issuers and Wall Street resources, interacting frequently based upon industry and topical research published.
• Present credits and sector thesis effectively and comprehensively to portfolio managers, clients, and during the course of internal meetings.
• Produce strategies that implement comprehensive knowledge optimized to deliver maximum risk-adjusted return to the firm and client.
• Obtain a level of comfort in managing client expectations associated with comprehensive workflow on projects of varied scale. Achievement requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to independently prioritize activities.
• Have a strong sense of how to price quantitative and qualitative external research studies and resources.
• Grow network of contacts in relevant fields that will assist the credit research department in discovering new opportunities and enhancing client perception while expanding relationships with prospective investors and where appropriate developing media exposure.
• Demonstrated proficiency in understanding investment models, industry dynamics and competitive analysis.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with stakeholders, both within and outside the department.
• Develop marketing materials to be used with clients and media representatives.
• Assist in the management and monitoring of separately managed portfolios.
• Partner with field portfolio management team in the delivery of exceptional service via prospect calls and client interaction.
• Offer expertise as it relates to the assembly of internally managed strategies that address an evolving investment landscape.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics with 6-10 Years of relevant investment experience.
• Master's degree or CFA preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg and S&P's CAP IQ.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment driven by market investment conditions.
• Strong communication skills that relate to oral presentation and written reports.
• Ability to work independently in support of various investment strategies.
• A commitment to learning and developing relationships that support department objectives and goals.
• Provide statistical methods that can be applied to macroeconomic theory and financial modeling.