Investment Analyst – Northcape Capital Emerging Market Equities – Melbourne
A leading specialist equity manager is looking to make an addition to their Emerging Markets (EM) investment team in Melbourne. The firm has an exceptional reputation, a high calibre investment team with a high performing and collegiate culture.
Northcape Capital is an Australian based boutique investment management firm, focused on investing in Australian and International equities. The company takes a long-term, fundamental approach to investing. Significant value-added returns have facilitated growth in funds under management to more than A$12 billion. Northcape has a culture which encourages respect, accountability, curiosity, constructive debate and diversity of thinking.
Northcape is seeking to hire an investment analyst to join its EM investment team based in Melbourne. This team manages funds of approximately A$5 billion, focused on equity markets in Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe.
The Northcape EM fund has an exceptional track record of achieving strong outperformance. The fund’s performance over the past 10 years is currently ranked 2nd by Selector Citywire amongst all global EM Fund managers.
The role involves deep, fundamental company and industry research. There is significant scope to research companies across a wide range industries and geographies. The ability to identify and research potential investment opportunities, and then communicate these ideas within the team is a key part of the role. The position will involve regular international travel.
The manager values diversity and will consider candidates from a range of backgrounds who have some training – either bachelor’s degree or post-graduate – in finance, accounting, or economics. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and experience:
- A genuine curiosity and strong analytical skills that can be applied to fundamental research across individual companies and broader industry sectors;
- Ideally 2 to 5 years of industry experience;
- Previous experience working in an equity research role would be considered advantageous;
- Be highly numerate with related modelling and valuation skills;
- Background and/or interest in the Emerging Markets including the political and economic dimensions of these countries;
- An interest and understanding of the importance of ESG;
- Strong written and communication skills; and
- An ability to work both within a team and independently to complete investment research projects.
We offer an attractive compensation package, with flexible working arrangements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established investment team with a strong track record of success. The role offers opportunity for advancement for the right candidate.
Please send a CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Northcape Capital: www.northcape.com.au