Internal Audit Director - Risk
My client, a global banking brand, is hiring an Internal Audit Director aligned to the Risk portfolio, specifically valuation risk. You will possess strong quantitative skill gained in the model or market risk sphere, with additional internal audit experience being looked upon favourably. However, the hiring manager is willing to consider candidate directly from the 2nd or 3rd line.
- Conduct reviews and audits of valuations processes, models, controls and methodologies, across different business areas and specifically within the Investment Bank,
- Analyse and assess valuation risk, assumed by both the business (1st line i.e. front office) and support functions (2nd line i.e. Valuation Control),
- Identify and evaluate the effectiveness of valuation controls designed to address those risks,
- Work on reviews of related areas using knowledge and understanding of investment banking businesses and risk, including Market Risk,
- Prepare reports of audit findings for senior management and provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified,
- Monitor valuation risk profile through key risk indicators across independent price verification (IPV), reserves and valuation models as well as stakeholder interaction to provide input in the continuous risk assessment as well as in operational planning sessions,