Business Development Associate
Business Development Associate
AAM-Insurance Investment Management
AAM is a SEC-registered investment adviser founded in 1982 that provides investment management services to insurance companies and as of 12/31/2021 has in excess of $29 billion in assets under management. Our clients include Life & Health, Property & Casualty insurers and Reinsurers throughout North America and we have developed value-added services to support our investment management service.
The Business Development Associate is a critical role within AAM and the best candidates will have strong communication and interpersonal skills; be knowledgeable about institutional asset management and various investment strategies; have experience interacting with C-Suite executives, excel at generating leads, be capable of building relationships, leveraging referrals and be effective working with colleagues at closing new business opportunities..
Objectives of this Role
The Business Development Associate works closely with the rest of the Sales & Marketing team to develop and implement a sales plan for calling on financial executives at insurance companies and credibly presents AAM’s investment management strategies and services. The successful candidate will be able to identify the asset and risk management challenges confronting insurance companies and will be able to persuasively present the benefits of working with AAM in fulfilling the prospect’s needs. This role will:
• Represent AAM’s asset management capabilities to insurance companies.
• Generate leads and establish relationships with prospects.
• Generate new client relationships through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
• Work with the Sales and Marketing Team to develop and implement a sales and marketing action plan through data gathering and analysis.
• Act as Captain coordinating the finals presentation process.
• Represent AAM at industry conferences, trade shows and other meetings.
• Identify opportunities by networking with insurance industry contacts; collaborating with service providers, and researching and analyzing sales options.
• Drive the sales process while gathering relevant intelligence about prospects.
• Generate new insurance company client accounts by identifying and establishing contacts and building broad industry relationships.
• Collaborate with the other members of the Sales and Marketing Team to collect market data, segment the market, identify opportunities, generate leads and establish on-going relationships with prospects.
• Work with the Portfolio Managers to create and execute finals presentations that satisfy the target’s investment needs and successfully win new business accounts.
• Act on referrals from existing AAM clients and service providers with knowledge of the AAM value proposition for insurance companies in its target market.
• Establish the sales funnel for an assigned territory and maintain prospect contact history in CRM system.
• Build and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
• Experience building relationships with senior executives and leaders.
• Solid understanding of marketing strategies and tactics.
• Demonstrated history of effectively closing new business.
• Keen interest and working knowledge of the capital markets, especially fixed income.
• Basic understanding of broad segments of insurance industry-life, health, and property/casualty
• Bachelor’s degree with 3 years minimum experience
Compensation for this position is highly desirable and will be directly linked to the level of new business that is developed. The position includes salary, bonus, a commission schedule for new business generated, and a competitive benefits package.