Portfolio Specialist - Enhanced Middle Markets
We are seeking a Portfolio Specialist and client liaison to support Voya’s Enhanced Middle Market debt team. Investors in this private asset class tend to be large, institutional entities that warrant a high-touch service model. They also have varying levels of sophistication regarding the operational aspects of private credit and can require education and ongoing support in their investment endeavors. This person will be tasked with maintaining client information in our propriety software system, Research Web, as well as overseeing the recording and reporting of positions, prices, and performance for the Enhanced Middle Market portfolio. This function is critical to supporting a rapidly growing and highly profitable line of business. Our ideal candidate is organized, responsive, and has experience meeting the demands of internal and external clients.
- Working as an integrated part of the Enhanced Middle Market investment team, act as a central point of contact for all clients investing in the strategy at every stage: client onboarding, deal solicitation, deal funding, and ongoing monitoring/reporting.
- Play an active role in client onboarding and coordinate with sales, client service and legal teams to ensure clear expectations are set for – and by – our clients regarding their level of future involvement.
- Set-up clients and portfolios in Research Web, including contact information, document delivery preferences and bank account information, and monitor this information for ongoing accuracy.
- Solicit indications of interest from clients as new deals are offered; distribute memoranda, gather bids of appetite, deliver pre-funding documents, and answer questions as needed to facilitate investments.
- Oversee funding activities: notify clients of pre-funding requirements, coordinate payments on payment date, assist with funding issues that may arise, and help gather payment confirmations for submission.
- Field client questions related to ratings, audits, incoming payment inquiries, and all other ad hoc inquiries.
- Help prepare and distribute periodic (e.g., monthly, or quarterly) reports to clients.
- Lead month Watch List/Portfolio reporting process and design a system-based procedure for tracking.
- Collaborate with the Voya DIG team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of portfolio pricing and returns.
- Work with the IT team to address technology issues that may arise, and development efforts in Research Web and RDS (and other potential new systems to be used by the team).
- Coordinate with internal groups to ensure timely payments to outside vendors, including rating agencies.
- Understand and align with firm policies and procedures while performing the responsibilities described above.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with an emphasis on finance, accounting, or another business-related field.
- 4+ years prior experience; previous experience in the investment management industry a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively interact with people inside and outside the organization, and a particular focus on professionalism.
- Highly organized and able to perform detailed work and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Aptitude to learn and become fluent in our proprietary technology systems, RDS and Research Web, as well as external web-based data provider platforms (e.g., Blackrock Aladdin).