RVK provides strategic investment consulting to institutional asset owners including some of the largest and most sophisticated global investors. RVK is uniquely positioned as a completely independent, unbiased, and trusted source of investment advice. The heart of RVK is our team-oriented approach to client service and commitment to the ongoing development and growth of our investment professionals. RVK is headquartered in Portland, OR, with additional offices in New York, Chicago, and Boise. RVK has open positions at all of our office locations.
RVK is independently owned, exclusively by current employees, and serves nearly 200 institutional clients. Our clients are diversified across a wide spectrum of institutional asset owners, and include entities such as sovereign wealth funds, defined benefit pension funds, defined contribution retirement plans, endowments, foundations, ultra-high net worth families, insurance company reserves, and other types of special purpose funds. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by “Pensions & Investments”.
The Investment Associate works closely with the consulting team to provide research, portfolio analysis, and investment advice to our clients. This position requires a unique combination of communication and interpersonal skills, project management skills, and qualitative and quantitative capabilities. Investment Associates frequently interact with and have an opportunity to learn from many different RVK investment professionals, clients, and other participants in the global investment industry. Candidates would be expected to be connected with employees at RVK across a variety of office locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a hands-on job with significant growth potential for top performers. You will be actively involved in all aspects of client service and help plan and execute client deliverables. The duties are multi-faceted and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. Successful Investment Associates can manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables, while absorbing educational opportunities available in the natural course of the job to grow as an investment professional. Investment Associates are often involved in:
- Asset allocation studies, domestic/international equity and fixed income manager style analyses, investment policy revisions, education presentations, portfolio rebalancing, letters of instruction, special research projects, etc.
- Developing further general knowledge of recommended investment management firms, products, and strategies.
- Interfacing with other colleagues, including Investment Analysts, Consultants, Associate Consultants, and Investment Manager Research in preparing materials for our consulting clients.
- Providing day-to-day client service in support of the Consulting teams working with each client.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading client communications and training materials for clients on various investment topics.
- Assisting consulting teams with defining key messages and using creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations and information to clients.
- Participating in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Preparing ad-hoc market environment and investment research.
- Reviewing and approving performance measurement client deliverables.
- Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Genuine desire to grow as an investment professional.
- Project management and organizational skills – ability to handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Able to work and think independently.
- Adaptability to change while striving to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Flexible and open to new ideas within an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of software and business applications – proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Strong work ethic – able to work Monday – Friday with client deadlines that may require up to 50-60 hours/week, (including when necessary evening and weekend time).
- Preferred Qualifications
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry.
- Knowledge of MPI Stylus, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and eVestment Alliance is a plus.
- Required Education and Work Experience