About Prime Buchholz
Prime Buchholz LLC was established in 1988 and has grown to become a leading, completely independent investment consulting firm advising more than 260 institutional clients. Headquartered in Portsmouth, NH—with offices in Boston and Atlanta—Prime Buchholz was one of the first investment consulting firms to develop in-depth expertise in alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
Our clients include educational endowments, private and public foundations, cultural and religious organizations, health care and insurance organizations, pension plans, and high net worth families. We work closely with our clients to create, implement, and monitor investment policies and asset allocation strategies intended to meet their unique investment goals.
As an Investment Analyst, you are involved in all quantitative and qualitative aspects of the client relationship. This high-profile position is integral to the success of the client relationship. You are counted on to understand, demonstrate knowledge, and apply investment concepts and principles to a broad spectrum of client portfolios.
As the primary contact for clients, you handle day-to-day client requests while coordinating with various departments to complete deliverables. You work closely with the Firm’s consultants to meet clients’ needs. Expertise in mission-aligned investing- including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and impact investing-is strongly desired.
After your initial orientation period at our Portsmouth, NH headquarters, this position may be based primarily in Portsmouth or Boston.
What You'll Do
- Conduct analyses, prepare materials, and present recommendations to the Firm’s senior consultants
- Communicate effectively and clearly based on a thorough understanding of client needs
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and present investment strategies
- Demonstrate knowledge of the roles traditional and alternative asset classes serve in a diversified portfolio
- Complete monthly and quarterly client performance reports and ad hoc reports as required by clients or the Firm’s consultants
- Draft and maintain Investment Policy Statements (IPS) for clients
- Assess client exposures, including but not limited to: IPS adherence, geography, liquidity, capitalization, and fees
- Prepare rebalance recommendations as needed based on IPS targets and spending requirements
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related field; MBA degree and/or CFA or CAIA designation (or progress toward these credentials) preferred
- Prior experience in relationship management
- Minimum of five years of investment industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of the structure, liquidity, and appropriateness of various investment vehicles
- Experience with investment performance measurement and accounting
- Demonstrated expertise in helping clients align their portfolios with specific mission objectives (i.e., socially responsible investing; ESG; diversity; equity, and inclusion; impact investing, etc.)
What We Offer
We offer a hybrid work environment, comprehensive pay, and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid parental leave, matching charitable contributions, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off including volunteer days.
For the safety of our employees and clients, Prime Buchholz has a vaccination policy in place.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
More searches like this
- Economics Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors