RVK provides strategic investment consulting to institutional asset owners including some of the largest and most sophisticated global investors. RVK is uniquely positioned as a completely independent, unbiased, and trusted source of investment advice. The heart of RVK is our team-oriented approach to client service and commitment to the ongoing development and growth of our investment professionals. RVK is headquartered in Portland, OR, with additional offices in New York, Chicago, and Boise.
RVK is independently owned, exclusively by current employees, and serves nearly 200 institutional clients. Our clients are diversified across a wide spectrum of institutional asset owners, and include entities such as sovereign wealth funds, defined benefit pension funds, defined contribution retirement plans, endowments, foundations, ultra-high net worth families, insurance company reserves, and other types of special purpose funds. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by “Pensions & Investments”.
The Investment Associate works closely with the consulting team to provide research, portfolio analysis, and investment advice to our clients. This position requires a unique combination of communication and interpersonal skills, project management skills, and qualitative and quantitative capabilities. Investment Associates frequently interact with and have an opportunity to learn from many different RVK investment professionals, clients, and other participants in the global investment industry. Candidates would be expected to be connected with employees at RVK across a variety of office locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a hands-on job with significant growth potential for top performers. You will be actively involved in all aspects of client service and help plan and execute client deliverables. The duties are multi-faceted and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. Successful Investment Associates can manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables, while absorbing educational opportunities available in the natural course of the job to grow as an investment professional. Investment Associates are often involved in:
- Asset allocation studies, domestic/international equity and fixed income manager style analyses, investment policy revisions, education presentations, portfolio rebalancing, letters of instruction, etc.
- Developing further general knowledge of recommended investment management firms, products, and strategies.
- Interfacing with other colleagues, including Investment Analysts, Consultants, Associate Consultants, and Investment Manager Research in preparing materials for our consulting clients.
- Providing day-to-day client service in support of the Consulting teams working with each client.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading client communications and training materials for clients on various investment topics.
- Assisting consulting teams with defining key messages and using creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations and information to clients.
- Participating in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Preparing ad-hoc market environment and investment research.
- Reviewing and approving performance measurement client deliverables.
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry.
- Knowledge of MPI Stylus, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and eVestment Alliance is a plus.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of industry experience in investment consulting, management consulting, internal corporate consulting, asset management, banking, private equity or working with a plan sponsor directing, implementing and coordinating investment strategy, or an advanced graduate degree in a finance or economics related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, business or similar studies, particularly if allied with finance, economics or investment analysis).
- Progress towards Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and / or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration is encouraged.
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a PDF format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As an EEO employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.