Coho Partners, Ltd. (Coho), founded in 1999, is an independent and employee-owned investment advisor, dedicated to producing superior risk-adjusted returns within our U.S. equity strategy.
Coho manages approximately $10.0 billion (as of December 31, 2021) for institutional employee benefit plans, endowments, foundations, corporations, high net worth individuals, eleemosynary organizations, UMA/Model programs, trusts, and estates, and other individual investor accounts. The firm is focused on providing downside protection and upside participation for clients who share our philosophy and vision. Portfolios are implemented through separate accounts, mutual funds, and UMA accounts.
Coho’s investment philosophy is based on the premise that the most effective way to create and sustain wealth in the equity markets is to achieve an asymmetric pattern of returns over time, where the portfolio demonstrates a down market capture considerably less than its up-market capture. Our primary focus is on risk control and protecting principal in down markets, coupled with strong participation in all but the most speculative of markets. This objective is achievable and repeatable by populating portfolios with stocks of high-quality companies that have, and will continue to demonstrate, long-term predictable growth in revenues, earnings, and dividends at reasonable valuations. We believe the combination of protection and participation should ultimately lead to better than market performance over a full economic cycle, with less than market risk.
This position serves as an integral member of the Client Relations team and is responsible for supporting the Firm’s client servicing efforts. The role will entail engaging in all aspects of client relations and service support including accurate and timely responses to client requests. The individual will serve as the internal point of contact for clients and will partner with external Client Relations to provide a high level of quality service to clients. This role will be important in the development and growth of the firm’s strategic relationships.
- Coordinate the completion of client review presentations and meeting materials with Marketing, Client Relations & Investment Team;
- Coordinate and schedule client portfolio review meetings with client, Client Relations, and Investments;
- Where needed, conduct internal prep meeting with the investment team to review client meeting agenda, purpose of meeting, and client relationship;
- Attend client review meetings, draft meeting notes, and gather follow-up information and analysis as requested;
- Respond to daily, monthly, and quarterly requests from clients, consultants, and intermediaries; research issues and resolve open items;
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual client and consultant questionnaires, including due diligence questionnaires;
- Coordinate new client account onboarding process, with the client contact, consultant, Outreach, Client Relations, Operations, Trading, and Compliance. Includes gathering information and resolving issues related to the IMA, investment guidelines, directed brokerage, reporting requirements, etc. Complete new account form, coordinate/conduct new account meeting, and add new account details into Salesforce;
- Manage account openings and closings for existing intermediary client relationships;
- Coordinate client account contribution and withdrawal requests, with client and coordinate with Operations and Trading to ensure the proper and timely execution of requests;
- Support Chief Compliance Officer with firm/client account information and standard responses for client compliance questionnaires, investment guideline certifications, 15(c) documentation, regulatory and prospectus updates, etc;
- Complete annual financial and operational audit requests on client accounts;
- Regularly assist in the development (content/message) and preparation of the Coho investment story, including analyzing attribution and writing commentary, for client presentations and questionnaires;
- Serve as integral CRM (Salesforce.com) resource responsible for client account information. Create and run client activity reports and dashboards. Further develop system capabilities and internal processes to improve the availability and integrity of client information within the system;
- Develop strong working relationships within internal departments throughout the firm. Coordinate and interact with Operations, Trading, Compliance, Finance, and Investments to resolve client issues and respond to inquiries;
- Understand and be able to articulate the investment philosophy and process; and
- Complete assigned projects and other responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 5-7 + years’ experience in the investment or financial services industry, preferably within the area of client service and support;
- Compatible with the Coho company culture, including strong interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues; High degree of versatility, self-motivation, and integrity;
- Energetic, with the ability to thrive in a small, team-oriented environment with minimal oversight;
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet frequent and inflexible deadlines;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the financial markets; and
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office, previous experience with Salesforce.com, FactSet, and Advent Axys is a plus.