Vigilant Capital Management (Vigilant), a growing wealth management firm with more than $2 billion of assets under management, is looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager (PM) to join its dynamic and talented team. The PM is responsible for delivering the Firm’s investment management philosophy and process to a group of assigned high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals and families. The PM also contributes directly to the Firm’s value proposition through investment research activities as a member of the Investment Policy Committee.
This role is based out of our Portsmouth, NH office. Vigilant is a hybrid work environment with a combination of working in the office and from home.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with the assigned Wealth Advisor (WA) on each client team to identify client objectives and develop and monitor asset allocation, financial strategy and investment policies.
- Maintain an up-to-date Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for each client relationship that outlines the client’s unique goals and objectives, liquidity needs, tax status, special account guidelines, and risk tolerance – ultimately arriving at an appropriate asset allocation structure.
- Apply the Firm’s tactical investment strategy to the unique characteristics of the client’s IPS. Activities associated with this responsibility include, but are not limited to: 1) constructing, managing and monitoring client portfolios; 2) supporting the tactical investment strategy of the Firm and establishing appropriate trade orders; 3) communicating strategy, activity and performance with clients; 4) adhering to all parameters of the Firms compliance policies and procedures.
- Actively contribute to the investment research function and is a participating member of the Firm’s Investment Policy Committee (IPC). The PM is expected to conduct thorough investment analysis of assigned sectors/industries, research and evaluate specific equity and credit securities, and communicate perspective and opinions to IPC members regularly.
- Follow and bring their perspective on macroeconomic trends (top down) and determine reasonable security valuation (bottom up) for assigned sectors/industries.
- Represent the Firm brand with clients and within the community. The PM supports the Wealth Advisor (WA) in their activities to attract new client assets to the Firm.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably working with high/ultra-high net worth individuals and families
- Strong analytical capabilities and demonstrated equity ability to perform equity and/or credit security analysis
- Ability to adeptly handle confidential information and sensitive situations - position continually requires discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to manage a diverse set of tasks in an organized and proactive way
- Ability to work both in a team-oriented environment and independently
WHY WORK AT VIGILANT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT:
- Fantastic office location in downtown Portsmouth, NH
- Very competitive salary and bonus plan
- Excellent benefits
- Employer-paid employee health insurance
- HSA contribution
- Employer-paid employee dental and vision plan
- Employer-paid life and disability plans Profit-sharing contributions
- Generous PTO plan Support for professional designations and continuing education
- …. And more
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors