Head of Institutional Products – U.S. Markets
What is the opportunity?
As the Head of Institutional Products – US Market you will also oversee the product lifecycle for the North American Institutional business, including product design and innovation, development, marketing, training and sales support. Through working with the President, PH&N Institutional, this role will support North American business growth and client retention by managing a relevant suite of products and corresponding delivery vehicles as well as creating in-depth market and competitor intelligence.
What will you do?
- Lead the North American institutional product management team including Product and Vehicle Innovation/Development for the US Markets.
- Assist in identifying possible acquisitions/lift-outs based on our investment strategies/product vision.
- Oversee all aspects of the lifecycle for products marketed to institutional audiences in North America, inclusive of vehicle strategy, pricing strategy, seed capital strategy, product rationalization/lifecycle review strategy, and overseeing the new product business case and proposal processes.
- Collaborate internally as needed to execute the different stages of the product lifecycle.
- Undertake regular competitive and industry-relevant product analysis, including collaborating with other teams internally as needed (e.g., Risk, Investment teams, Investment Policy team, etc.).
- Collaborate with Operations, Legal, Compliance, Marketing and other departments to secure all necessary product-related documentation (forms, marketing collateral, offering documents, etc.).
- Develop and deliver product-related education and training within GAM’s North American institutional business.
- Co-chair the North American Institutional Investment Solutions Committee (NAIISC); and represent North American institutional interests to GAM’s Global New Product Committee (NPC).
- Seek to automate processes related to product oversight, where appropriate and effective, including with respect to analytical and training tools.
What do you need to succeed?
- 10+ years of investment industry experience working in a product-related/analytical capacity.
- Deep investment background and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related field with MBA or masters in a relevant field and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Experience in product analysis and new product development for institutional asset manager.
- Experience working within a global, multi investment capability investment management firm.
Nice to have
- People Management Experience.
- Strong knowledge of current trends in the investment management industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop recommendations and support assertions.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills as well as strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lead/facilitate meetings effectively.