Why RMB Capital?
RMB Capital Management, LLC is a rapidly growing Chicago-based investment advisory firm with over $10 billion in assets under management. We are seeking an Analyst to join our Asset Allocation and Manager Selection team in Chicago, IL.
At RMB Capital, we are committed to building relationships and making a difference. We regularly appreciate our employees who demonstrate our values. We host monthly events including themed happy hours and coffee get togethers to give our employees the opportunity to build relationships by getting to know each other.
We are passionate about enriching the lives of our teammates, our clients, our partners, and the communities in which we live and work. Our values are:
- Do the Right Thing
- Invest in Relationships
- Never Settle Leave
- No Stone Unturned
- Get It Done
We are actively committed to the personal, professional, and financial growth of each other. We believe there is no greater accomplishment than knowing that at the end of the day, we are making a difference.
We are counted among Barron's Top 50 Independent Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) globally. Our businesses include wealth management, family office services, asset management, and retirement plan consulting. Our headquarters are in Chicago, Illinois. We have offices in Chicago, Illinois, Denver, Colorado, Lake Forest, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Joseph, Michigan, and Washington D.C.
About The Role
This analyst will bring a generalist mindset and an interest working across asset classes including fixed income, equities, hedge funds, private equity and real estate. They will be intellectually curious, passionate about investing, and have superior quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills.
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of meeting client’s unique investment and retirement goals. We are looking for a candidate that is inspired by our values and motivated to help people achieve their investment, financial, and life goals.
- Accumulate and analyze capital market and economic data
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative information pertaining to macro market factors
- Execute existing process and procedures, and identify new ways to add value to RMB’s asset allocation process
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate RMB’s views on investment opportunity and risk
- Monitor the risks and opportunity sets of RMB’s existing 3rd party investment managers across mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate and separately managed accounts
- Assist in the due diligence process as new managers and strategies are added to the platform
- Identify and source new ideas and new managers for RMB’s clients
- Work side-by-side with other members of the Asset Allocation and Manager Selection team; regularly collaborate with the Investment Committee, Retirement Plan Solutions team, operations team, and client-facing advisors
- While the analyst will be a generalist with a wide range or responsibilities, the degree of emphasis across these duties and responsibilities will be in part dependent on the Analyst’s skillset and interests
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong quantitative skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and manipulating large sets of data
- Experience using Bloomberg and/or Factset strongly preferred
- CFA or progress towards CFA strongly preferred
We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, competitive salaries, profit sharing plans, a wellness program, and flexibility with our hybrid work model.
Hybrid Model and Dress for Your Day - The pandemic showed us how capable and motivated our employees are while working remotely which is why we changed our policy to a hybrid model where our employees work 2 days remotely and 3 days in the office. RMB Capital offers a Home Office Stipend to cover the cost of our employees buying equipment to work from home. Our dress code is dress for your day to allow our employees to dress comfortably and appropriately for their day.
RMB Capital Wellness Program - We are committed to helping our employees live happy and healthy lives. RMB Capital partners with WellWorks to offer our employees a comprehensive wellness program which focuses on whole body health and wellness. We have companywide wellness challenges where employees can earn gift cards, national park passes, and more by participating.
Appreciation - We recognize and appreciate employees who stay at our firm with anniversary awards including extra time off, cash awards and sabbaticals.
Volunteer PTO Days - We are actively committed to the personal, professional, and financial growth of each other, our firm, our clients, our partners, and our communities. We deeply care about our communities which is why we allow our employees to take two additional paid days off from work to volunteer at a non-profit organization. We believe there is no greater accomplishment than knowing that at the end of the day, we are making a difference.
So—what do you think?
If you have made it this far, we are excited to meet you too. We are hopeful that this role will give you the experience to make a difference in our clients’ lives, passion to serve our communities, and fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team.
RMB Capital is an independent investment advisory firm. To learn more about RMB, visit www.rmbcap.com.
RMB Capital Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RMB Capital Management, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.