Full-Time Opportunity for an Advisor with our Advisory Services/Investment Operations Department
Catalyst and Your Career
At Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union, our mission is to be a premier innovative corporate credit union, providing exceptional member value in an efficient, safe and sound manner.
To accomplish this, we actively pursue talented individuals capable of making a positive impact on member credit unions, and we do our best to retain these employees. Among the ways we do this are generous benefits, a safe work environment and promotion of a strong work-life balance. We believe in our employees’ success, and the average employee tenure of 14 years suggests that our employees feel the same way!
The Work Itself
The major objective of this position is to provide comprehensive strategic balance sheet management counsel to clients of the Catalyst Strategic Solutions (CSS) Advisory Services. This position will work closely with the management of their assigned clients to design and develop strategies based on client goals and objectives, risk positions, risk tolerances, and market opportunities. Execution of strategic plans can include traditional fixed income portfolio management, loan product allocations and/or pricing, deposit product allocations and/or pricing, derivative and mortgage pipeline hedging and identification and recommendation of arbitrage opportunities. In addition to strategy development, identification, and execution, the position will assist clients in policy development, training, education, and performance reporting. This position is also expected to conduct educational seminars or presentations on market and industry-related issues on behalf of their clients, CSS and/or Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union (CCFCU).
- Four-year bachelor’s degree (BA, BS, BBA, etc.) in finance, economics, or similar
- 5 years of institutional balance sheet and/or investment portfolio management experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of financial markets and economic theory
- Excellent client service skills, writing skills, and strong public speaking
- Interest rate derivative and mortgage pipeline hedging experience is a plus
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree (MA, MS, MBA. etc.)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation
- Series 7 and 63 FINRA securities licenses
How We'll Have Your Back
Catalyst Corporate’s compensation structure offers market-competitive base pay. However, Catalyst's full compensation package is more than just your paycheck and is meant to support and improve your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: Federal Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Parental Leave, as well as time off for volunteering.
- Planning for the Future: 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions. Supporting your Health & Well-Being: Flexible health and insurance options, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance choices, Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance, as well as a Flexible Spending Account.
- Building a Family: We were named “2021 Best Place for Working Parents” due to our commitment to family-friendly policies and practices.
- Work-Life Integration: Other benefits include credit union membership, a casual work environment, paid covered parking, and an onsite fitness facility with showers. In addition, we also offer access to a variety of onsite services, such as a massage therapist and personal trainer, car wash and detail service, vehicle refueling service, and food delivery service.
Who We Are
Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union is a wholesale cooperative financial institution that serves 1,400+ credit unions across the country. Catalyst Corporate provides its members with core financial services and back-office support, including payments, liquidity, investment and balance sheet management solutions. For more information, visit www.catalystcorp.org.
Catalyst Corporate is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.