Corporate Credit Analyst
Business - Public Securities
Brookfield’s Public Securities Group serves institutions and individuals seeking the investment advantages of real assets through actively managed listed equity and debt strategies. The Public Securities Group leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise across real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has over $19 billion of assets under management. For more information, visit https://publicsecurities.brookfield.com.
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
The position involves the analysis of high yield and investment grade corporate debt issues for the firm’s corporate credit investment strategies. The ideal candidate is an investment professional wishing to make significant contributions to global fixed income portfolios within a team-based environment, and within a growing business.
Recommendations are made to the Portfolio Managers in order to assist in making the best and most informed investment decisions.
- Undertaking fundamental research and recommending securities for inclusion in the global fixed income portfolios. Research includes analyzing financial statements, financial modeling, attending management meetings, reviewing bond covenants, and evaluating inputs from the broader firm and external research firms.
- Participating in investment team meetings and offering research perspective on portfolio construction.
- Forming independent views and assumptions on credits, markets and/or regions utilizing best in class research to determine buy/sell decisions in a collaborative investment process.
- Monitoring industry-related transactions or trends for implications to companies in portfolio.
- Assisting other divisions within the Public Securities Group (Marketing, Client Service, Operations) for data analytics of portfolios/accounts.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related field.
- 5+ years of investment experience.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent thinker willing to challenge convention. Willing to present ideas with precision, passion and conviction.
- Strong proficiency with Bloomberg, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- The following would be considered assets:
- successful completion of, or current enrollment in the CFA program
- experience covering multiple industries from a fixed income perspective
- experience with databases (Access, SQL) and Python
- Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
- Approximately 10-20% travel required.