Private Client Associate
About Value Partners Investments
Founded in 2006, Value Partners Investments (VPI) is a Winnipeg-based investment firm that currently manages over $3.8 Billion in assets primarily through eight retail mutual funds that are distributed through investment dealers and mutual fund dealers across Canada. VPI launched an investment counsel service in 2017, Value Partners Investment Counsel (VPIC), to provide discretionary management services to high-net-worth focused financial planners and wealthy families across Canada. VPIC is our fastest growing division which currently manages over $500 Million in client funds held across approximately 450 client households.
Our mission is to improve the lives of our clients by investing wisely and providing a world-class client experience and industry leading communication to those who have entrusted us with their wealth. Value Partners is currently registered as an investment fund manager, portfolio manager and exempt market dealer, and has been ranked by Profit Magazine as one of Canada’s 500 fastest growing companies six years a row.
About the Role
VPIC is looking to hire a driven, hands-on contributor for the role of Associate. Our ideal candidate is someone with a “can-do” attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, enjoys interacting with clients and colleagues at all levels of the organization, and is looking to grow their career toward becoming a senior advising representative over time.
As an Associate you play a critical role in supporting portfolio managers in building wealth and delivering an exceptional client experience to our clients. You will be key in delivering world-class communication to hundreds of clients, will attend client meetings, assist with allocating client capital, and provide support to referring advisors. This role reports directly to, and will be mentored by, our Senior Portfolio Manager and is located in the Winnipeg office.
- Support Portfolio Managers by managing the sales pipeline including leads and opportunities, and proactively scheduling client meetings on behalf of the Senior Portfolio Manager Prepare financial projections and assist with the development of investment update content in preparation for client meetings Attend client meetings, ensure onboarding documentation is in order and trading / transition plans are executed accordingly Maintain the content library and support development and delivery of monthly and quarterly communications for VPIC clients and referring advisors Update monthly performance and holding reports Provide support to referring advisors by reviewing and updating client content and responding to investment management, performance, and reporting inquiries Liaise with Operations and Client Service teams to ensure an exceptional and seamless client experience Work closely with project team members to ensure effective implementation of new systems, processes, and procedures
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, or related discipline
- Formal education in Finance or previous experience in, and knowledge of, the Canadian securities industry is considered an asset
- Willingness to expand on professional qualifications by completing the CIM, CFA or similar programs
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Demonstrated success in building collaborative working relationships based on mutual trust to attain goals
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint
- Technical fluency with the ability to learn and utilize new technology effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a creative outlook and resourceful nature
How to Apply
Value Partners Investments is committed to providing its employees with rewarding opportunities to learn and grow their career in financial services. For more information about this career opportunity, or to submit your resume, please contact Josh Brothers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Bachelors