Geisinger Health System
The Investment Analyst (IA) will be a recent University graduate and will support the management of Geisinger’s investment portfolio. The Investment Analyst will be integrally involved in analysis and reporting related to the selection, monitoring and oversight of the Endowment’s external investment managers, covering strategies such as public equity, hedge funds, fixed income, venture capital and buyouts.
Summary of Duties:
The Investment Analyst will support the Investment Team, Chief Investment Officer and Investment Committee and contribute to investment decisions for current and prospective managers by preparing performance, portfolio and risk analytics for individual investment managers, marketable asset classes, and the overall endowment. The Investment Analyst is responsible for producing analysis and reports for the Investment Office, and support for presentations for the Investment Committee. Ideal candidate will have a natural love of investing, strong analytical skills to create thoughtful investment analysis and inquisitive nature that will challenge manager and peer assertations.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
65% Work with various team members to build recurring and adhoc reports to support the assessment of Geisinger’s investment portfolio, individual managers, and co-investment opportunities. This analysis will be built in excel and programming languages such as Python or Java.
20% Obtaining and compiling data from Bloomberg and other industry databases
15% Assist in the development of presentations and reports for board and client
Key Capabilities and Competencies:
The desired candidate will have experience spanning the following areas:
- Understanding of valuation methodologies for individual securities and derivatives
- Strong quantitative modeling skills and deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of programming languages Python or Java would be a significant asset
- Ability to handle changing priorities and re-prioritize activities in a dynamic working environment
- Attitude that is proactive, self-motivated, hardworking, enthusiastic, and accountable
- Knowledge and experience using Bloomberg platform
- Strong competency in PowerPoint to assist with the construction of client communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively according to the required task
Qualifications and Experience: Bachelor' s degree in finance, business or computer science
Willingness to take further programming courses (Python or Java) and desire to begin the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Candidate will also have strong modeling capabilities and experience building sophisticated excel models. Knowledge of programming languages such as Python or Java, are not required, but desired.
Our Purpose & Values:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
More searches like this
- Hedge Funds Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors