Portfolio Analyst - Equity
Allspring is a leading asset management firm with close to $600 billion of assets under management, 24 offices globally, and specialized investment teams supported by more than 480 investment professionals. Allspring and our investment teams provide a broad range of differentiated products and solutions to help our diverse range of clients meet their investment objectives. We leverage the diversity of people, ideas, and skills to help our clients pursue their financial goals.
With a rich and established history in the asset management industry, Allspring is now a “start-up at scale” having spun off from Wells Fargo and acquired by GTCR and Reverence Capital Partners in November 2021. The new name, Allspring Global Investments, reflects our commitment to renewal, growth, and meaningful client outcomes. With decades of trusted expertise propelling us forward, we’re a company staying true to our core investment roots while reinventing ourselves to offer today’s investors a fresh perspective.
For more information, please visit www.allspringglobal.com.
The Dynamic Growth Equity Team at Allspring Global Investments is seeking to hire an Portfolio Analyst Equity. Conducts research for the Dynamic Growth Equity Team. Applies the team's pure growth research approach of Robust, Sustainable, and Underappreciated to analyze individual stocks. Based on findings, makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations. Industry competitive salary with substantial bonus opportunity.
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research to identify attractive investment opportunities using a myriad of resources, internal and external.
- Understanding and presenting company key issues and catalysts efficiently to optimize the portfolio management process.
- Providing timely recommendations to portfolio managers with the goal of achieving excellent, consistent investment performance (exceeding relative benchmarks and peer groups).
- Constructing and maintaining financial models to identify underappreciated aspects of company fundamentals.
- Developing relationships with company management teams, investor relations personnel, and sell-side analysts.
- Demonstrating consistent outstanding teamwork and communication within the Heritage Growth Equity team and throughout the firm.
- Travel up to 15% annually.
- 3+ years of investment research experience.
- Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines. Knowledge and understanding of security selection and research.
- Strong independent thinking skills.
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- Fundamental research and valuation skills analyzing companies.
- Passion for analysis; winning attitude; entrepreneurial approach; high energy level and professional dedication.
- Client facing experience.
- Prior experience with the analysis of medical devices, life sciences, or biopharmaceutical is a plus.