Associate, Global Real Estate Securities
Business - Public Securities
Brookfield’s Public Securities Group serves institutions and individuals seeking the investment advantages of real assets through actively managed listed equity and debt strategies. The Public Securities Group leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise across real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has over $19 billion of assets under management. For more information, visit https://publicsecurities.brookfield.com.
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
The Position: Associate, Global Real Estate Securities
- Assist Global Real Estate Securities team in analyzing public companies utilizing an array of valuation methodologies
- Work with senior analysts to update and maintain company-level financial models to aid in investment decisions with a focus on forward earnings and cash flow projections, and Net Asset Value (NAV) estimates
- Present investment ideas to real estate securities team, including portfolio managers
- Associates will be mentored by a senior analyst and will participate in discussions about investment decisions and portfolio positioning
- Conduct meetings with company management teams (CEO, CFO, CCO and Investor Relations), brokers, data providers and outside investment analysts
- Monitor industry-related transactions and trends for potential implications to companies in our portfolios
- Input trades into trade order management system and communicate with traders to ensure implementation of investment decisions
- Compile portfolio positioning reports and relevant material for team meetings and investment committee meetings
- Assist other divisions within the Public Securities Group (Marketing, Client Service, Operations) for data analytics of portfolios/accounts
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related field.
- 1 year of experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Interest in listed markets and securities analysis.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent thinker willing to challenge convention. Willing to present ideas with precision, passion and conviction.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and results orientation.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Foundational knowledge in Bloomberg, and programming languages such as Visual Basic, SQL and Python are preferred but not required
- Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
- Approximately 10-20% travel required.
Brookfield is committed to maintaining a Positive Work Environment that is safe and respectful; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.