Investment and Portfolio Associate
ICM Asset Management is an alternative asset manager focused on owning, operating and investing in real assets. We offer retail, private client and institutional investors an array of investment opportunities focused on real estate, private equity, private debt and infrastructure strategies. We are seeking an Investment and Portfolio Management Associate to support the management and success of our various funds and by providing financial analysis and administrative support on investment opportunities and portfolio formation, reporting and management.
The Investment and Portfolio Management Associate must be a good team player, have an enthusiasm and interest in alternative investments and portfolio management, possess a desire to take on new challenges, adaptable to a variety of responsibilities and work hard to achieve time-sensitive objectives. Ideally you will have two to five years of relevant financial analysis experience preferably in investment banking or private equity. You will be part of a team of seasoned investment professionals that sources and diligences as well as monitors and reports on various investment opportunities.
Day-to-day responsibilities for the Investment and Portfolio Management Associate include:
- Prepare financial models, return scenarios, industry overviews on investment opportunities and portfolio assets across a variety of asset classes including real estate, music royalties, venture capital and private credit.
- Research, evaluate and develop investment summaries and packages for new investments and industry sectors and present the merits and risks to senior management and third parties as appropriate.
- Perform due diligence at both a macro level, such as assessing industry or market conditions, down to an individual asset level. Lead the due diligence process on new investments in conjunction with our legal team.
- Monitor the ongoing financial and operating aspects of portfolio investments including preparation of monthly performance analysis and benchmark investment metrics.
- Monitor the investment landscape across submarkets and subindustries with an eye to observe macro themes and unlock value. Maintain databases of relevant industry activities. Liaise between sales, investment, and portfolio functions seamlessly; find new ways to add value and deliver information regarding our investment philosophy and portfolio assets.
- Liaise with our accounting team and auditors to develop and manage the valuation process in accordance with our policies.
- Work with management to generate quarterly and annual reports for the company’s funds and investments.
- Create presentations on investment strategies, performance, and new opportunities for discussions with institutional and retail investors and other potential stakeholders.
- Manage alongside our legal team the formation and marketing of future investment funds.
- Any other tasks that the management team may require.
- Possessing several years of relevant experience as well as an undergraduate degree with strong academic performance. Additional qualifications such as a CFA, MBA or CPA are an asset.
- A lateral thinker. The role involves learning about and analyzing several different asset classes and as such will have projects related to portfolio and risk management and reporting, music royalties and copyrights, real estate and venture capital companies.
- Energetic, ethical, accountable and have a strong drive for excellence in everything you do.
- Passionate about alternative investments including real estate, music royalties and venture capital.
- Comfortable analyzing, making assumptions and developing recommendations supported by research and critical thinking in the context of uncertain forecasts or information.
- Analytical by nature and fluent in your understanding of financial statements and financial reporting. Experienced in financial modelling, valuations and pitch deck creation and presentation.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships while working in a high pressure, time sensitive environment.
- Very knowledgeable in MS Office and MS PowerPoint, and willing to learn new skills and software. Knowledge of additional data science and organizing skills such as SQL and Power BI is an asset.
- A culture focused on hard work, professionalism, performance and client service.
- The opportunity to join a high growth and dynamic firm.
- Education and growth opportunities.
- Competitive compensation.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document.