Polar Asset Management Partners ("Polar") is a leading Global alternative asset manager established in 1991 which manages approximately US$ 7.5 billion. Headquartered in Toronto with offices in New York and Calgary, Polar’s flagship fund, Polar Multi-Strategy, seeks to generate superior risk-adjusted returns with low volatility and a focus on capital preservation. Our Vision is to build an enduring partnership of the world’s preeminent investors. Polar is looking for a Compliance Analyst to join our team, reporting into the Chief Compliance Officer.
Job Description & Primary Responsibilities
- Assist Polar’s Compliance Team in implementing the compliance program
- Carry out compliance review procedures on a periodic basis
- Prepare periodic regulatory, client and internal reports Participate in ad-hoc initiatives and projects as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of compliance experience with a registered firm in Canada (in the capacity of investment fund manager, portfolio manager, and/or exempt market dealer)
- A highly ethical compliance professional who has a natural curiosity to learn and wishes to progress to a more senior compliance role over time
- An excellent communicator who feels comfortable dealing with different business units and various levels of seniority
- A creative thinker who always looks for ways to improve efficiencies
- A good understanding of the Canadian investment industry and its related regulations, including NI 31-103, NI 45-106, anti-money laundering and privacy legislations
- Prior experience working with compliance technology and automation systems, such as trade order management systems, personal trading review systems, investment compliance monitoring and reporting tools
- Knowledge of relevant non-Canadian regulations will be an asset but not required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, relentless drive toward continuous improvement
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all who apply and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.