Project Finance Associate
Seeking a qualified Corporate Finance Associate to develop and maintain asset and corporate financial models for the Transurban North America business and support the preparation of valuation materials and reports for development projects and potential future investments. Hybrid work environment and flexibility, including some ability to work from home, encouraged. Must live in the Alexandria, VA/Washington, DC area.
The Associate will work closely with the Corporate Development and Treasury business units. Those units are responsible for Transurban's major strategic initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), investments, divestments, capital raisings, new project developments, and corporate structuring.
For this role, candidates should:
- Have 1+ years of financial modeling experience
- Have strong and proven ability to work with and build project finance models (including use of macros)
- Have a good understanding of project finance theory and its practical application
- Display outstanding financial and commercial analysis skills, including excellent spreadsheet and data analysis skills
- Show effective communication and presentation skills, with ability to present ideas, findings and recommendations in a clear and succinct way, in both written and verbal form
- Have proven experience in carrying out similar work (for example, in an investment bank, consulting firm, or a financial advisory firm), with a strong commercial or corporate finance background
What can Transurban offer you? (besides working with top industry talent!)
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- Employee recognition programs
- Generous paid time off plan
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Parental leave (up to 16 weeks)
- 401k / profit sharing
- Class pass and virtual access to gyms
- On site gym and monthly personal trainer visits
- Free employee parking
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Desired Skills and Experience
Project finance theory