Private Equity Client Marketing Manager
This is an exciting time to join GCM Grosvenor – having experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, and having gone public in November of 2020, we continue to see high momentum across our business. In support of this, we are growing and evolving our marketing organization to lead us into the future.
The Private Equity Marketing Manager will be a critical member of the marketing team, reporting directly to the Head of Private Markets Investments Marketing. Working jointly with the other Marketing leaders to contribute and drive marketing transformation, modernization and strategy on behalf of the Private Equity business, the Private Equity Marketing Manager will set the marketing strategy for our private equity vertical and funds. In doing so, this individual will lead critical strategic initiatives in pursuit of a superior end-to-end client experience, optimal marketing efficiency and effectiveness and the ongoing growth of our business as we modernize and grow the marketing function at GCM Grosvenor.
Beyond strategic initiatives, the Private Equity Marketing Manager will lead our day-to-day client marketing efforts in support of our private equity investment capabilities and fund offerings, partnering across investments, business development and in alignment with Brand and Communications. In this capacity, this individual will ensure: a high degree of competitive awareness, commercially competitive and effective capability and fund level messaging, prioritized and effective capital raise campaign efforts focused on developing the right mix of tactics to drive pipeline engagement, superior sales support for finals presentations and lower stage sales cycle engagement – defining the right balance of custom and off the shelf support at every stage, and delivery of effective private equity fund launch and close plans.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Partner across the organization to support the execution of strategic initiatives aimed at modernizing private equity marketing. Year one and two will focus on establishing the messaging framework for our private equity capability and fund offerings, integrating full use of Seismic for a sales enablement self-serve model for lower stage pitch decks and marketing materials and aiding in data automation implementation.
- Contribute to strategic thinking and ideation of annual marketing plans outlining transformation projects, marketing strategy and tactical plans in support of private equity business priorities.
- Develop deep relationships with private equity investment leaders to develop and communicate a high degree of competitive awareness that informs the development of an effective messaging strategy for the private equity vertical and its funds, leveraging an institutionalized process for how competitive insight is leveraged across messaging strategies and product launch plans.
- Define and own the framework for the Private Equity Investment Vertical level messaging based on competitive research and understanding of best practices relative to opportunities for improvement. Lead the integration of that framework across all client touchpoints, specifically partnering with Private Equity RFP writers and partners in Brand and Communications teams.
- Establish and formalize product launch and close plans for Private Equity Funds in active capital raise with an understanding of the defined sales cycle phases and appropriate layering of marketing tactics to drive prospect engagement and capital raise efforts through close.
- Maintain a detailed and fluid understanding of GCM Grosvenor’s Private Equity investment offerings including technical knowledge of performance reporting and compliance rules in relation to the marketing of our private equity offerings.
- Mentor and develop marketing awareness and skill sets across marketing team members, inspiring and fostering a culture of credible marketing excellence and innovation.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- 10 or more years of private markets marketing experience, private equity experience required.
- Deep understanding of the institutional marketplace, investor segments, and alternative sales cycles.
- High technical aptitude and knowledge of alternative investments, preferably private equity program structures including direct, primaries, secondaries and co-investments leveraged in both custom portfolios and within commingled fund offerings.
- Strong understanding of best practices in investment marketing and distribution at a global firm.
- Strong knowledge of compliance rules pertaining to the marketing of alternative investments. Although not required, a Series 24 license is preferred.
- Deep experience in leading Institutional capital raise campaign development strategy and implementation, using a broad spectrum of modern alternative investment marketing tactics.
- Roll up your sleeves and make it happen personality with a passion for marketing and innovation.
- Strong collaboration skills, emotional intelligence, and a talent for developing trusted interpersonal relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with deep experience effectively presenting new ideas and strategic plans to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Outstanding leader with strong commercial judgement, decision making and problem-solving skills, and a run it like you own it mentality.
- Thrives in a fast paced, changing environment.
- High degree of integrity and the ability to recognize the requirements of confidentiality.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, or a related field.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management solutions provider with approximately $72 billion in assets under management across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute return investment strategies. The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and is dedicated to delivering value for clients by leveraging its cross-asset class and flexible investment platform.
GCM Grosvenor’s experienced team of approximately 520 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
A diverse, engaged team is critical to our ability to successfully create and deliver value to our clients. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive professionally, and we are dedicated to training, retaining and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. 60% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 40% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals. In addition, we seek to drive a more diverse, inclusive industry through our partnership with diverse professionals organizations and by consciously working with subcontractors and vendors that are certified as minority-, women-, or persons with disabilities-owned businesses.
For more information, visit www.gcmgrosvenor.com.