The Investment Analyst is involved in all quantitative and qualitative aspects of the client relationship. This high profile position is integral to the success of the client relationship. The Investment Analyst must understand, demonstrate knowledge, and apply investment concepts and principles to a broad spectrum of client portfolios.
As the primary contact for clients, the Investment Analyst handles day-to-day client requests while coordinating with various departments to complete deliverables. The Investment Analyst works closely with the Firm’s consultants to meet clients’ needs. Expertise in mission-aligned investing- including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and impact investing-is strongly desired.
- Conduct analyses, prepare materials, and present recommendations to the Firm’s senior consultants
- Communicate effectively and clearly based on a thorough understanding of client needs
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and present investment strategies via phone and electronically
- Demonstrate knowledge of the roles traditional and alternative asset classes serve in a diversified portfolio
- Complete monthly and quarterly client performance reports and ad hoc reports as required by clients or the Firm’s consultants
- Draft and maintain Investment Policy Statements (IPS) for clients
- Assess client exposures, including but not limited to: IPS adherence, geography, liquidity, capitalization, and fees
- Prepare rebalance recommendations as needed based on IPS targets and spending requirements
- Facilitate capital activity paperwork across managers and custodians to ensure efficient and timely movement of monies
- Oversee portfolio analysis: mean variance asset allocation modeling, historical stress tests, stochastic spending forecasts, total portfolio, and manager attribution
- Write effective, qualitative commentary based on the aggregate client portfolio and individual manager positions
- Work in a team environment with junior analysts and senior investment professionals
- Exercise discretion and sound independent judgment on client-related matters
- Coordinate and collaborate with all of the Firm’s resources/personnel in fulfilling client needs
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business-related field; MBA degree and/or CFA or CAIA designation (or progress toward these credentials) preferred
- Prior experience in relationship management
- Minimum of five years investment industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of the structure, liquidity, and appropriateness of various investment vehicles
- Experience with investment performance measurement and accounting
- Demonstrated expertise in helping clients align their portfolios with specific mission objectives (i.e., socially responsible investing; ESG; diversity; equity, and inclusion; impact investing, etc.)
- Attention to detail, strict adherence to deadlines, and advanced problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills—specifically the ability to generate custom models—and experience with Microsoft Office products
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive pay and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid parental leave, matching charitable contributions, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off including volunteer days.
For the safety of our employees and clients, Prime Buchholz has a vaccination policy in place.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
More searches like this
- Economics Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Consulting Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors