OCIO Investment Analyst
About Prime Buchholz
Prime Buchholz LLC was established in 1988 and has grown to become a leading, completely independent investment consulting firm advising more than 260 institutional clients. Headquartered in Portsmouth, NH—with offices in Boston and Atlanta—Prime Buchholz was one of the first investment consulting firms to develop in-depth expertise in alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
Our clients include educational endowments, private and public foundations, cultural and religious organizations, health care and insurance organizations, pension plans, and high net worth families. We work closely with our clients to create, implement, and monitor investment policies and asset allocation strategies intended to meet their unique investment goals.
The OCIO investment analyst (OCIO IA) will be responsible for all quantitative, qualitative, and operational aspects of the Firm’s OCIO relationship(s), including asset allocation modeling, investment manager guidelines, performance monitoring, and capital activity. The OCIO IA must understand and apply investment concepts and principles to client portfolios. This high-profile position is integral to the success of the client relationship and requires attention to detail and the highest level of client service to enhance the business model.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the client’s CIO and deputy CIO to develop a unique investment policy statement (IPS) for each OCIO client
- Complete deliverables, including diagnostic review, monthly/quarterly reports, and an annual audit package
- Coordinate the internal/external execution of investment decisions for all types of investments (liquid, illiquid, marketable alternative)
- Ensure all client capital activity is executed in a timely and accurate fashion, including capital calls and other investment-related activity (cash management)
- Interact closely with the operations team, custodian bank(s), money managers, and performance analysts to ensure flawless trade execution and reporting
- Monitor activity daily and propose appropriate rebalance based on IPS targets
- Develop portfolio activity exhibits for use by the CIO, deputy CIO, and the client (monthly/quarterly)
- Participate in all OCIO client calls and in-person meetings as requested by the CIO
- Prepare mean variance modeling and stochastic forecasts, and write manager commentary for clients and the CIO/deputy CIO
- Conduct ad hoc analysis, and create reports and presentations for the CIO/deputy CIO and upon client request
- Interact in a team environment with analysts and senior investment professionals
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business related field; MBA degree and/or CFA designation (or progress toward these credentials) preferred
- 5–7 years of investment industry experience focused on client service
- Experience and knowledge related to the liquidity and trading operations for various financial instruments, including working with custodian banks for trade implementation
- Demonstrated expertise in helping clients align their portfolios with specific mission objectives (i.e., socially responsible investing; ESG; diversity, equity, and inclusion; impact investing, etc.)
- Experience calculating performance, and an understanding of performance measurement concepts and general accounting standards
- Experience writing investment policy statements
- Experience utilizing mean variance optimizer software required
- Understanding of stochastic (Monte Carlo) modeling required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; some travel may be required
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive pay and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid parental leave, matching charitable contributions, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off including volunteer days.
For the safety of our employees and clients, Prime Buchholz has a vaccination policy in place.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.