Summary / objective of position:
A Portfolio Manager is responsible for proactively managing client relationships. This includes constructing and monitoring investment portfolios and providing integrated wealth management services. The Portfolio Manager must demonstrate a commitment to extraordinary client service through professional excellence, highest ethical standards, and the effective use of available resources.
Essential functions of position:
- Construct and monitor investment portfolio(s) based on client needs, objectives and risk tolerance
- Ultimately responsible for investment performance of portfolio(s) using a multi-asset class approach
- Knowledgeable about the investment portfolio and able to explain rationale and investment merits for each holding.
- Responsible for delivery of integrated wealth management with emphasis on estate planning, cash flow planning, tax planning and asset protection planning
- Communicate with clients regularly to review changing needs of client portfolio (based on client contact standards)
- Proactively assist clients to evaluate overall financial situation
- Provide recommendations on personal finance issues such as retirement, estate planning, taxes and insurance
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of the plan
- Business Development, networking, and establishing relationships with prospects and local professionals
- Oversee training and development for professional staff
- Ongoing personal professional development
- Effectively manage workgroup (Portfolio Manager Assistant and Client Support Assistant)
- Understand and adhere to CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct and Johnson Investment Counsel Code of Ethics
- Meet with Prospective clients
- Utilize other internal resources such as Johnson Trust Company, Johnson Mutual Funds and Johnson Charitable Gift Fund to enhance portfolio investment strategies for clients
Preferred education and experience
- 4-year undergraduate degree in Finance or relevant field
- CFA designation preferred or CFP with significant investment experience
- Organized and detail oriented
- Blend of analytical and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Can effectively prioritize and delegate
- Proficient at Excel and investment related software
- Strong desire and demonstrated experience in serving clients
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Supervisory responsibility: N/A
Travel required: May vary depending on book of business
Work environment: Temperature controlled, office environment
Physical demands: Must be able to stand or sit at computer for 8+ hours per day. May require extensive typing at times.
Additional eligibility requirements: N/A
Work authorization/security clearance requirements: United States Citizen or lawful permanent resident
EEO statement: As an equal opportunity employer, Johnson Investment Counsel, Inc. does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran/ military status, or any other protected status as required by law.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.