Senior Equity Portfolio Manager
The incumbent is responsible for comprehensive portfolio management, as part of a small team, managing approximately $600 million in large cap U.S. and International stocks ($400 million domestic and $200 million international). The firm is seeking to grow the assets under management through its established sales force and third party relationships. The three strategies managed by this team have long, audited, track records that compare favorably to their respective benchmarks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Share responsibility with the rest of the team for identifying, researching and monitoring equity securities to be held in the respective strategies, which are selected using a large cap, dividend oriented approach that has been utilized by the team for over two decades.
- Represent the firm in due diligence meetings with outside advisors, and appearing with sales representatives of the firm when required for sales presentations.
- Monitoring portfolios in the strategies, and servicing, or rebalancing as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High level of analytical and research expertise, including strong ability with investment research tools and spreadsheets.
- Strong understanding of a financial services environment.
- Knowledge of SEC regulations as they pertain to portfolio management.
- Ability to apply training and past experiences to new tasks, and demonstration of perseverance even when venturing into unknown areas.
- Ability to understand and meet all deadlines, and work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent skills in managing and prioritizing multiple tasks requiring strong attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, team, and communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to establish credibility and rapport with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to stay current on operational, product, and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions.
- Able to take “full ownership” of assignments, until they are completed.
- Experience and good comfort level with confrontational, or highly pressured situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5-10 years of experience managing international and domestic strategies. Knowledge of many of the firms existing holdings would be a significant plus. Knowledge of Factset and Bloomberg required. Master’s degree in finance/accounting, a CFA, or equivalent experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Series 65 Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stands and/or sits for extended periods of time.
- Lifts boxes up to 40 pounds in weight.