Senior Investment and Portfolio Analyst
As a senior member of the Investments team within The UConn Foundation’s Finance and Administration Office, the Senior Investment & Portfolio Analyst works closely with other members of the Office in supporting the Foundation’s mission to promote the educational, scientific, cultural, research, and recreational objectives of the University of Connecticut. The Analyst is integrally involved in investment research, due diligence, analysis, and documentation activities; preparing portfolio analytics, market research, and analyses for the Foundation’s management and Investment Committee; day-to-day oversight and implementation of portfolio positioning; and ad hoc analyses and research.
- Regularly monitors portfolio allocations relative to targets for all investment portfolios managed by the Foundation, recommending and implementing adjustments where appropriate. Monitors the portfolios’ liquidity profiles and projected cash flows on an ongoing basis, coordinating and overseeing any necessary liquidity-related transactions in collaboration with the Foundation’s Investment Accountants.
- Vets investment ideas and specific managers, preparing and presenting related materials to Foundation management and the Investment Committee for consideration of a recommended investment. Works with the Foundation’s General Counsel to review and execute subscription/redemption documents and other legal documents, and complete execution of approved investments in timely manner.
- Manages relationships with external investment managers, custodians, and outside consultant(s) regarding investment and operational matters.
- Performs site visits and conducts ongoing due diligence of current and prospective managers in accordance with the Foundation’s due diligence program, including firm profiles, review of regulatory filings, and changes in key personnel. Ensures that manager data and materials, and investment team notes/analyses, are updated in the CRM system on a timely and consistent basis.
- Coordinates the preparation of materials for meetings of the Board of Directors and the Investment Committee; the publication of materials through the Foundation’s online platform; and the recording of committee minutes.
- Prepares monthly portfolio-level investment reporting including analysis of positions, activity, performance, risk, and attribution. Conducts related projects including optimization modeling and analysis based upon volatility and liquidity constraints.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Champion for inclusion and diversity both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability collaborate with a broad range of constituencies with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, detailed and results oriented with the ability to work in a timely manner and prioritize work.
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of various investment principles, vehicles, strategies, and operations, with knowledge of alternative investments a plus.
- Ability to work to the demands of the position which include some travel and at times may exceed a 40-hour work week.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA/MS preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience and experience in one or more investment type roles, such as portfolio management, manager research, risk management, or quantitative research.
- CFA and/or CAIA designations or progression toward. Additional years of relevant experience or education may be considered in lieu thereof.
- Strong computer skills including Excel required, with knowledge of financial modeling, forecasting, and risk systems preferred.
The University of Connecticut Foundation is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its workforce.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Academic Institution, Test Prep Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Academic Institution, Test Prep Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Academic Institution, Test Prep Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Academic Institution, Test Prep Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Academic Institution, Test Prep Full Time jobs in Bachelors