Aladdin Platform Development, Accounting, Vice President
About this role
As we evolve the Aladdin Platform and accelerate our Accounting strategy, Vice President – Aladdin Platform Development will play a meaningful role in extending Aladdin’s capabilities in Accounting while continuing to advance our core offering. The specialist will focus on delivering technology solutions & large-scale programs to expand our existing business model to new client segments and different types of Aladdin users, while maintaining an integrated platform.
A successful candidate will have shown strength in leading extensive platform integrations requiring a balance of project management, technology implementation, product development, and process engineering ensuring client success and driving commercial outcomes.
About Aladdin & Aladdin Accounting:
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with clarity. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform builds a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide. Aladdin Accounting offers customized investment accounting services to a broad range of global financial institutions. Aladdin Accounting provides flexible solutions to specific client needs, including:
- End to end gold copy data management
- Trade and custody operations
- Complete support for esoteric assets
- Production of accounting reports in multiple bases (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, Statutory, and Tax)
- Real time visibility into the accounting lifecycle
- Performance measurement
- Work closely with Aladdin product managers and engineering community to foster the value proposition of the Aladdin Accounting platform and successfully implement technology solutions.
- Lead and support the retirement of legacy systems migrating to a fully optimized operating platform powered by Aladdin
- Meeting with partners to make communication easy and transparent regarding project status and decisions on services.
- Ensure strategic builds are coordinated efficiently among the collective internal partners and ensure engagement toward the Aladdin Accounting vision remains a focus.
- Coordinate with clients and the broader 1Aladdin & BlackRock production teams to optimize processes, system usage, and optimize platform capabilities
- Provide investment expertise on various conventional (i.e., bonds/fixed income, equities, bank loans, etc.) and non-conventional investment types (i.e., Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, Derivatives) building proficiency as client needs evolve.
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities, assisting in system validations and due diligence meetings with prospective clients.
- 4-6 years of work experience in the financial services industry
- Experience building OMS / Accounting products and/or successful track record in technology implementations of investment software
- Experience in managing projects involving system migrations & deployment of segment based solutions.
- Knowledge of the following asset classes: Securities, Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, or Derivatives
- A working understanding of SQL, UNIX shell, or a modern programming language
- Be client focused, proficiency working within a collaborative team, and be passionate about providing a high quality of service to the client
- Post Graduate Experience, CFA, or CPA, a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with aptitude to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize with a hands-on approach, ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively, conflict resolution, problem solving, risk management, resource augmentation.
- Knowledge/experience in US GAAP and/or Statutory accounting for investments
To apply please use the following link: https://blackrock.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/BlackRock_Professional/job/Atlanta-GA/Aladdin-Platform-Development--Accounting--Vice-President_R220042?shared_id=0a544ec8-5da8-4a0e-b2f6-2e3ebbf4ce88
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.