Sr. Fixed Income Analyst
Job Description Summary
We are seeking an experienced fixed income analyst to join our investment team. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to value-based investment principles, and a history of analyzing and recommending fixed income investments, primarily in the corporate credit sector, for inclusion in our managed portfolios. Our analysts spend the majority of their time identifying new investment opportunities and monitoring current portfolio holdings. In addition, all analysts participate in regular investment meetings, and are asked to contribute to the discussion and evaluation of ideas proposed by other team members.
Develop New Investment Ideas: Identify new actionable investment ideas using independent research and fundamental valuation analysis. Prepare research reports and documentation and make recommendations to Portfolio Managers.
Maintenance Research and Industry Coverage: Monitor existing security holdings in the various fixed income strategies for assigned sectors and/or asset classes. Provide credit analysis, cross-sector relative value estimates, and monitor industry trends.
Investment Committee Meetings: Actively participate in investment committee meetings to improve the overall quality of our research and investment process. Constructively critique the analysis of peers and defend your investment ideas within the quantitative, qualitative and business outlook framework.
Portfolio Analytics: Use BondEdge software to perform portfolio modeling, sensitivity analysis, performance attribution, and periodic portfolio monitoring and maintenance activities.
Client/Vendor Relationships: Assist with research and preparation of materials for presentations to current and prospective clients. Provide assistance in maintaining vendor relationships as needed.
- Three to five years of fixed income securities analysis experience, with an emphasis in corporate securities.
- CFA Charterholder, or progress toward CFA completion.
- In depth knowledge of the investment industry, finance, accounting, and economics.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to BondEdge or other Fixed Income portfolio management applications and other fixed income analytical tools (e.g., Bloomberg).
- Understanding of structured securities such as ABS/MBS.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Asset Management Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Asset Management Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors