SUMMARY: This position’s responsibility is to participate as a research analyst within the Utilities/Infrastructure team. The analyst will take ownership of a primary coverage list and actively contribute to the overall investment process. The analyst is expected to work closely with the senior portfolio managers and consistently generate risk-adjusted, excess-return ideas supported by thorough, bottom-up research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently conducts necessary sector and individual security research for applicable product.
- Generates write-ups and valuation models for assigned companies.
- Challenges consensus assumptions with own research findings.
- Makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations.
- Actively communicates with senior portfolio manager and other members of Infrastructure team.
- Maintains relationships and proactively communicates with senior management of covered companies and industry contacts.
- Helps support the generation of marketing and board materials.
- Exchanges complex information effectively to reach agreements in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years of investment experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Applies expertise and knowledge or in-depth experience of several areas within a function.
- Previous work experience in infrastructure, utilities, or alternative energy sector required.
- Advanced degree (MBA and/or CFA designation) preferred.
- Proven ability to have delivered consistently strong performance and judgment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, work independently, handle interruptions and proceed with objectives without supervision.