Senior Corporate Credit Analyst
Senior Corporate Credit Analyst
NYSIF Investments - New York City
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), with over $20 billion of assets under management, is seeking an experienced credit analyst to assist in managing its corporate bond portfolio of approximately $8 billion. This position reports to the Chief Credit Officer. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Senior Corporate Credit Analysts are sector specialists who work closely with the Chief Credit Officer and the corporate PM/trading team to identify sound investment opportunities within their assigned sectors.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Evaluate and monitor creditworthiness of corporate credits within assigned sectors
• Keep abreast of industry and market developments that could affect the credit portfolio
• Produce written reports on individual credits
• Conduct periodic reviews of assigned sectors, including the identification of industrywide strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and likely implications for specific credit positions
• Communicate with other buy-side, sell-side and rating agency analysts to enhance perspective
• Review bond indentures, covenants and other terms related to bond offerings and corporate actions
• Prepare financial models of material credit exposures, including “what-if” scenarios, to critically assess creditworthiness and proactively minimize potential credit losses
• Respond in a timely manner to requests from NYSIF colleagues for credit opinions and market perspective
• Assist the broader team on key initiatives, special projects, and other credit matters
• Collaborate with NYSIF colleagues to improve risk identification and monitoring tools
• Coordinate with NYSIF colleagues in investment operations, accounting, and other enabling functions on portfolio positions, as needed
• Communicate with the PM, traders and other NYSIF colleagues on credit matters that affect the portfolio.
Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications; an MBA or CFA designation is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in corporate-credit analysis, preferably at a “buy-side” institution.
Seeking candidates with the following attributes:
• Strong communication and financial modeling skills
• Motivated self-starter
• Familiarity with Bloomberg API
Primary Location: New York City
Telecommuting: NYSIF has a telecommuting program
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following New York State Civil Service employment information:
• Jurisdictional classification: Exempt
• Bargaining unit: Management/Confidential
• Civil Service title: Special Investment Officer
NYSIF was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. NYSIF's mission is to guarantee the availability of workers’ compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to all New York employers and to foster healthy outcomes with timely, appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers,
while maintaining a solvent fund. For more than a century, NYSIF has fulfilled the dual roles for which it was created: to compete with other carriers to ensure a fair marketplace and to be a guaranteed source of coverage for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere.
NYSIF is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in New York State and among the 10 largest in the nation, insuring more than 145,000 policyholders with over $1.4 billion in annual premium and $20 billion in assets. A self-supporting insurance carrier, NYSIF operates without taxpayer funding.
In addition to workers’ compensation insurance, NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 65,000 New York employers. In 2018, NYSIF added Paid Family Leave as a component of its disability benefits solution providing New Yorkers with job protected
paid time away from work to care for their families.