Quantitative Research Analyst
We are looking for a Quantitative Data Research Analyst to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial Quantitative Equity team! We combine leading edge quantitative research with state of the art technology to develop our unique algorithmic investment strategies. A culture of innovation, growth and success through collaboration has enabled us to deliver top tier performance for over two decades. Today, our clients entrust us with $27B in assets across a range of investment mandates.
What You Will Do
This is an exciting role for an individual who is passionate about quantitative research and wants to apply a disciplined, scientific approach to data strategy and analysis.
As a member of the quantitative research team, you will help tackle a broad array of challenges at the Intersection of data science, finance, and technology. We seek to identify novel predictors of business outcomes and model complex inefficiencies in constantly evolving financial markets. Our focus is on developing cutting edge and uniquely powerful investment insights.
Data and hypotheses are at the heart of our research. We are looking to take the team and our research to the next level by expanding our strategic data capabilities. You will work with key decision makers on the team and have a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Collaborating with many different areas of the team to develop and implement data strategy
- Leading the identification, evaluation and onboarding or origination of valuable new data sources
- Generating ideas for potential new investment insights derived from new data sources
- Building relationships with data providers and developing a deep understanding of their datasets
What You Bring
- Domain Expertise –You have an established track record of both creativity and discipline in feature engineering and data evaluation, particularly with economic and financial data. In addition, you have a deep understanding of businesses, security valuation and markets.
- Analytical Mindset – You have experience with empirical and scientific research and are adept at balancing intuition with statistical validation.
- Academic Training – At a minimum, an undergraduate degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related discipline. Graduate level studies are valuable in this role. Exceptional achievements and recognition (e.g., research or awards) are helpful in demonstrating your abilities.
- Collaborative Approach – You thrive in a collaborative environment and value shared success. You proactively solicit and provide input and excel at communicating complex and technical concepts.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management
Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management is a global institutional asset management firm established in 1982 and based in Vancouver, Canada. Our strong, stable team of investment professionals manages a broad range of investment solutions that includes traditional mandates such as developed and emerging market equities and fixed income, as well as alternative strategies such as portable alpha, market neutral and absolute return. As of October 2021, we manage $50B in client assets.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CCLFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors.
CCLFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $100 billion in assets and over 660 people today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF here: https://jobapply.page.link/vYgU
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.