Senior Investment Operations Analyst
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position reports to the Senior Manager Investment Operations & Savings Plan PM, and provides operational support for pension, healthcare, nuclear decommissioning, and savings plan portfolios. The current portfolios have approximately $30 billion in assets across a broad range of asset classes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct and review movement of assets within the investment trusts, which total nearly $30 billion in size.
- Initial point of contact for custodian responsible for asset custody, transactions, and reporting.
- Validate fee invoices to ensure third party charges to the trust are accurate
- Prepare reports to company executives and Investment Office as required.
- Forecast cash positions and participate in process to raise cash from trust investments as necessary
- Support functions including compliance, issue resolution, and reporting, and assist in special projects as needed
- Help facilitate interactions with accounting, audit, tax, and other internal departments
- Impact of role is considerable in ensuring proper flow of funds within the investment trusts while supporting reporting activities.
- Act as a resource to and collaborate with other members of the 15-person team
- Collaborate with legal, tax, actuarial, audit, accounting, corporate planning, and nuclear decommissioning professionals within and outside the company
- Work within the framework of Constellation’s business policies and procedures, including standards for internal business controls and ethics
- Bachelor's degree in finance or general business administration from an accredited four year university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field; investment operations experience a plus
- CPA or MBA designation strongly preferred
- Robust analytical skills with ability to synthesize large amount of data from various sources
- Understanding of investment, finance, economic practices and performance measurement
- Strong understanding of back-office trading operations a plus
- Experience with reporting tools such as Aladdin, Caissa or custody banks’ client tools
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Embraces flexibility and willingness to make contributions outside of their core area of focus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create efficiency in workflow
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities