Insurance Strategy Associate
Overview of Role:
- The Senior Insurance Strategy Associate (“Associate”) is a key member of a growing LGIMA Insurance Strategy team within the LGIMA Distribution and Client Solutions (“DCS”) team, responsible for functioning as the primary LGIMA liaison with its various affiliated (internal) L&G US and non-US insurance clients.
- Associate responsibilities will include working closely with insurance strategy team portfolio managers on the LGIMA US Fixed Income Solutions team to support the business development, structuring and execution of LGIMA investment strategies for affiliate insurance clients.
- Exposure to insurance/retirement solution structuring and commercialization of strategies, insurance portfolio management and asset allocation, and application of LDI and risk modeling techniques.
- Career development opportunities through involvement with the development over time of innovative investment solutions for external US Insurance clients, and other US retirement market solution products.
Investment & Insurance Strategy:
- Help develop and support initiatives around internal client investment strategies and strategy management to ensure they are optimized for client and liability-specific investment objectives and constraints.
- Work across growth areas of insurance solution strategy to be built-out, directed by Head of Insurance Strategy.
- Develop a detailed understanding of market instruments applicable to insurance clients.
- Assist LGIMA Insurance Strategy and Fixed Income Solutions teams and internal client investment, pricing and risk teams to ensure that portfolio structure and composition adhere to applicable requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of fixed income markets, life and annuity insurance market themes, economic issues, building block strategies, and LGIMA firm views, as they relate to the internal client applications.
- Develop a strong understanding of relevant accounting and regulatory capital frameworks, for US insurance companies, and understanding of product types.
- Scheduling and preparation of presentation materials for internal client meetings and deliverables.
- Supporting the management and development of relationships within the internal clients.
- Use technical expertise to explain outcomes of analysis where needed and ensure to follow up on appropriate actions with the relevant parties.
- Partner with internal client teams and LGIMA team members to enhance and automate data tracking and analytics tools.
Internal Engagement & Development:
- Oversee documentation of meeting notes and follow-up items, incorporating client feedback, in Salesforce.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with LGIMA internal groups that the Insurance Strategy team works with on a daily basis.
- Maintain and promote client centric solutions-focused culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, strong team player and intellectually curious – proactive approach to projects and new team initiatives.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with a high attention to detail.
- Energetic focus on client service; ability to take responsibility to meet deadlines.
- 3+ years investment management, capital markets, insurance solutions or similar experience.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in a quantitative field, such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, CS/Operations Research, or Engineering.
- Actuaries /actuarial students (QFI or Retirement Benefits Track) are encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge and interest in portfolio construction, fixed income, derivatives, ALM and LDI, insurance regulatory capital and accounting.
- Strong Excel skills required, knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus: Matlab, R, Python, C#.
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)