The Financial Services (FS) practice of JSI is looking to add talented financial professionals at the Director level to focus on managing the execution of client engagements and building out our portfolio valuation and fund advisory practice. While the primary execution and business development focus will be valuation, all members of the Financial Services are expected to facilitate our firm’s growth by cross-selling other FS broadly.
As the Valuation Director, primary activities will include:
- overall project management execution
- presenting analyses and conclusions internally and externally to our clients
- acting as the lead professional on engagements, which includes managing the day-to-day tasks of projects and serving as principal contact with client personnel
- managing client deliverables
- reviewing presentations
- participating in diligence meetings
- directing the efforts of Associates and Financial Analysts
- negotiating engagement documents
- networking with prospects to build revenue-producing relationships
- driving business development events and initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading business and financial due diligence sessions with clients;
- Providing leadership and guidance towards valuing companies, businesses, and securities;
- Leading the valuation review process;
- Presenting valuation analyses and conclusions internally and externally;
- Managing client deliverables;
- The ability to assist in building and reviewing complex financial models (e.g., to value specific securities or transaction structures);
- Assisting in quality control, execution, and industry consultation across the entire financial advisory services platform;
- Creative content development thought leadership and collaboration across service lines;
- Preparing fee proposals to clients, including scoping discussions, pitch materials, and internal engagement pricing committee memoranda;
- Pitching engagements and leading in business development initiatives; and
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, commercially driven, and possess strong skills in overall project management, leading, managing, performing financial analysis, and business development. In addition, candidates must have a strong knowledge of finance and valuation. Candidates must also have strengths in applied financial theory, analytical capabilities, and verbal and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic and have a demonstrated ability and desire to work cooperatively with team members and client professionals
- Prior equity and/or debt valuation or related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced accounting, finance, financial modeling, and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing Analysts/Associates or other personnel
- Entrepreneurial attitude: desire and willingness to support a growing practice and contribute across the full suite of offerings
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and standard database systems
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, and a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in financial services
- Master’s degree or progress towards an advanced degree a plus
- CFA designation a plus
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) or Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation a plus