Investment Researcher / Analyst
Oak Associates is looking to expand it investment team. The firm seeks an investment researcher/analyst for sector, individual equity and general investment research projects. The individual should have 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry within an equities investing or research role. The ability to analyze companies, sector opportunities, and understand valuation methodology are essential. The firm manages over $2 billion in assets for institutions, high net-worth individuals, foundations and a family of mutual funds. Products are managed under a team approach that requires a high degree of collaboration and professional respect. Over time, individuals can have a meaningful impact in the composition of investment portfolios.
· Source, evaluate and monitor investment opportunities across the US market for the firm’s multiple strategies & portfolios.
· Assist with commentaries, economic analysis, marketing materials, and investment presentations.
· Interact with portfolio company management and Wall Street sell-side analysts to monitor existing holdings.
· Attend client performance reviews and represent the firm at industry conferences and the media as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
· Strong intellectual curiosity.
· A passion for research and analysis.
· Problem solving skills.
· Independent thinker.
· Team player with a strong work ethic.
· Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
· Strong qualitative, quantitative and communications skills.
· Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Bloomberg and Advents product suit.
· Buy-side work experience preferred.
· BA required, MBA & CFA preferred.
Local candidates preferred as this is an in-person position. All employees are able to work from home as needed. Individuals willing to relocate to northeast Ohio should state so in their application.
· 15% travel.
· US Work Permit Required.
· Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing Plan).